• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Maze_soba

Was there an attempt to do some cross-validation on your model? Did you try other models? You mentioned training data. How did you allocate the data to a training set e.g., top N-rows, % random sample of the data, half-train/half-test, etc.

Also, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind DMing me the dataset you've been able to compile? I was thinking about creating a predictive model myself today, and when I searched the forum, I came across your post.

And it's good that you did this project!

If time permits, I think I'd be able to create something using R shiny.
I only did one round of proper testing, and had an 80-20 randomized split between train and test data using sklearn's train test split. Like I said in the original post, the data itself is pretty iffy so I didn't spend a whole lot of time optimizing the model.

But I'd be happy to send over the dataset via DM!! It would be cool to see what a proper model looks like. I was just looking for an excuse to mess around with Sagemaker Canvas to be honest, and was pretty impressed with no-code ML.

Dboom85

Banned
Just finished up at an ophthalmologist, hearing about people getting screwed over for eye issues at NAMI prompted to get the appointment. They said I looked good but man I’ve never had my eyes dilated before, this sucks

davidc1220

Just finished up at an ophthalmologist, hearing about people getting screwed over for eye issues at NAMI prompted to get the appointment. They said I looked good but man I’ve never had my eyes dilated before, this sucks
They had me do a visual accuracy test at the hospital and told me that the doctor was so impressed, he couldn't even see the bottom line ??

Did they use the cyclopeligic? drops

exNavyOffRec

I go for the 30.00 upgrade to get a photo taken of my eyes, it is pretty weird how much it sees (no pun intended), but it is able to give my eye doc a year over year picture of my eyes so he can compare and detect any changes or issues.

Dboom85

Banned
I go for the 30.00 upgrade to get a photo taken of my eyes, it is pretty weird how much it sees (no pun intended), but it is able to give my eye doc a year over year picture of my eyes so he can compare and detect any changes or issues.
I’m not sure what you mean by 30.00?

Triumph_MAC

I’m not sure what you mean by 30.00?
@exNavyOffRec is referring to paying an additional 30 dollars to have the eye doc take a full picture of his eyes. They are actually pretty cool to see and can really show the doc if there is any changes to the anatomy of your eye over time.

The first set of drops used was probably the numbing drops, the second set should have been the 1% cyclopeligic. NAMI requires two drops in each eye, so you may have only had the two sets but one was used twice. The eye doc has to wait a certain amount of seconds, 10 i believe, before putting the second 1% drop in each eye.

@exNavyOffRec is referring to paying an additional 30 dollars to have the eye doc take a full picture of his eyes. They are actually pretty cool to see and can really show the doc if there is any changes to the anatomy of your eye over time.

The first set of drops used was probably the numbing drops, the second set should have been the 1% cyclopentolate. NAMI requires two drops in each eye, so you may have only had the two sets but one was used twice. The eye doc has to wait a certain amount of seconds, 10 i believe, before putting the second 1% drop in each eye.
What are these drops supposed to do?

Triumph_MAC

What are these drops supposed to do?
Just dilates your pupils so the eye doctor can see all the way to the back of your eyes and all round them. For the eye doctor, seeing your whole eye through your pupil is like looking through the eye of a needle, dilating them allows them to look through a larger diameter. It also allows them to see if you need any sort of prescription. When your eyes are not dilated, they are able to "flex" in order to focus on things like eye charts, dilating them takes that ability away so the eye doc can see if there may be a slight difference in prescriptions, if you have one.

Just dilates your pupils so the eye doctor can see all the way to the back of your eyes and all round them. For the eye doctor, seeing your whole eye through your pupil is like looking through the eye of a needle, dilating them allows them to look through a larger diameter. It also allows them to see if you need any sort of prescription. When your eyes are not dilated, they are able to "flex" in order to focus on things like eye charts, dilating them takes that ability away so the eye doc can see if there may be a slight difference in prescriptions, if you have one.
So is it harder to read charts or pass eye exams with the drops? I've never had eye issues but I'm going up the ophthalmologist next week for my flight screening. It has me nervous lol

Triumph_MAC

So is it harder to read charts or pass eye exams with the drops? I've never had eye issues but I'm going up the ophthalmologist next week for my flight screening. It has me nervous lol
It will be just be more difficult to focus on the eye chart with dilated pupils. Its not a pass/fail event to read the chart with dilated pupils, thats just an additional thing the eye doc will do to verify your prescription if you have one. They dilate your eyes to check and see if you may be a candidate for future glaucoma concerns, past eye trauma, etc. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Dboom85

Banned
They dilate your eyes so the dr can look in the back of them, you don’t read small letters or the eye test chart with the eye drops in.

exNavyOffRec

The first set of drops used was probably the numbing drops, the second set should have been the 1% cyclopeligic. NAMI requires two drops in each eye, so you may have only had the two sets but one was used twice. The eye doc has to wait a certain amount of seconds, 10 i believe, before putting the second 1% drop in each eye.
You got it, and it freaks me out every time to see that picture of my eyes, however it is worth it.

Kyle42

I blindly fumbled around with my phone while my eyes were dilated at my physical and got a picture of my eyes. I was amazed when my vision cleared and saw they were all pupilF97DC8E5-FBBB-4195-87A6-0D1674206432.jpeg