• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

krae3443

Just accepted a job at Disney guys… my gosh please make this board happen I do not want to sit around the next 2 years making $17 an hour driving an hour and a half a day just to make the mouse richer. I’ve never felt this oddly down accepting a job.
Lol after going there on vacation in November I cannot imagine working there.

I’ve been this close to quitting my job everyday cause I’m tired of working in natural gas but I have to remind myself my ocs date is August 14th haha taken everything in me to remind myself I have bills and can’t dip out just yet from my job.

Dboom85

Banned
Lol after going there on vacation in November I cannot imagine working there.

I’ve been this close to quitting my job everyday cause I’m tired of working in natural gas but I have to remind myself my ocs date is August 14th haha taken everything in me to remind myself I have bills and can’t dip out just yet from my job.
That sounds like really good money

krae3443

That sounds like really good money
Haha it’s pretty good the oil and gas business right now it has its ups and down I’ll say that cause when the market isn’t doing too well then it can cause tons of lay offs. I can’t say I hate it because entirely because they have been super laid back about knowing I’ll be quitting in the near future haha but my boss his dad was a navy pilot so I guess that helps with them being okay with me leaving.

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
Haha it’s pretty good the oil and gas business right now it has its ups and down I’ll say that cause when the market isn’t doing too well then it can cause tons of lay offs. I can’t say I hate it because entirely because they have been super laid back about knowing I’ll be quitting in the near future haha but my boss his dad was a navy pilot so I guess that helps with them being okay with me leaving.
I can attest to this. I used to work in the energy division of my old company before I got laid off, but I should've seen that coming because the Oil/Gas division had a ton of layoffs right before I left. A lot of that was COVID-related so it's super shitty that it happened.

I work for the state gov't now which doesn't pay as much, but you'd have to be dumber than a pile of rocks to get fired from here lol

davidc1220

Recruiter messaged me back today, Stated that he will contact NRC to see if there is any way they can substitute the DD214 requirement with another form of proof, will hear back Friday

BB Poison

Contributor
Just accepted a job at Disney guys… my gosh please make this board happen I do not want to sit around the next 2 years making $17 an hour driving an hour and a half a day just to make the mouse richer. I’ve never felt this oddly down accepting a job.
Worked as a mover making $12 an hour for 9 months after graduating with an engineering degree before I got my job with NASA, you gotta do what you gotta do man. With those scores I’m sure you’ve got this in the bag.

Jstalz

It definitely feels weird not having a career plan now. I'm a college senior graduating in May, so I'm looking for jobs for when I graduate. I'm trying to apply for the jobs I would want to do if I were to never get selected for SNA so that if I don't get selected I can carry on with other goals, but it just feels so wrong since I know this is what I want to do. I keep on going back and forth between getting a real job/career job related to my major or getting a more temporary gig. Either way, I just gotta keep the faith and hope this board works out.

Reactions: Fib

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
It definitely feels weird not having a career plan now. I'm a college senior graduating in May, so I'm looking for jobs for when I graduate. I'm trying to apply for the jobs I would want to do if I were to never get selected for SNA so that if I don't get selected I can carry on with other goals, but it just feels so wrong since I know this is what I want to do. I keep on going back and forth between getting a real job/career job related to my major or getting a more temporary gig. Either way, I just gotta keep the faith and hope this board works out.
Even if you do get selected (based on your scores, I'm pretty confident you will), I feel like it would probably be better to have a job after graduating anyway. It'll give you some professional experience (and money and benefits) while you wait to go to OCS, especially if that wait is longer than expected. That's just my $0.02, but just keep at it and it'll work out

Jstalz

Even if you do get selected (based on your scores, I'm pretty confident you will), I feel like it would probably be better to have a job after graduating anyway. It'll give you some professional experience (and money and benefits) while you wait to go to OCS, especially if that wait is longer than expected. That's just my $0.02, but just keep at it and it'll work out
Yeah that's what I think I'm gonna do but still gotta keep my eyes on the prize and my fingers crossed