• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

jacobsolo

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on this site, but hoping someone may have an answer.

If I am submitting my second package after Pro Rec N last board, will I have an additional space to cover what was changed in my package? Or is this to be done through a revised motivational statement? Any details on this are much appreciated.
Its custom to do this yourself in your motivational statement. Just add a brief paragraph at the start highlighting your improvements. And from there carry on with your statement as was written prior, adding small tweaks if you wish but I don’t believe is necessary.

gtownjake

My OR is on leave until next week but he also texted me saying it’s moved a month (in case 5 other people saying the same thing isn’t enough confirmation) ?

BDavis11

Contributor
So is the board moving back official and has new submission date been published?
I mean NRC said it directly so that is about as official it is going to get until they publish a new schedule which could be whenever they feel like it

Have you been selected? where are you in the process?

Yeah, I had no idea until today, I'm just wondering if can I submit for ISPP for the 21 or 22 Jul board since it got pushed. Or would that be within the 6 months and be a "reconsideration"? I can't find anything in the instruction that says I can't apply to 2 consecutive boards. It just says, "h. Application reconsiderations may be submitted if within 6 months of initial non-selection. Procedures for submission are contained in paragraph 10 of this chapter." "
10. Reconsiderations
a. Applicants that are non-selected are able to ask for reconsideration of their application if they are within 6 months of the original non-selection. The following information must be provided to COMNAVCRUITCOM:
OPNAVINST 1420.1B
14 DEC 09
4-13 Enclosure (1)
(1) Applicant’s statement requesting reconsideration and an overview of additional information provided in the reconsideration package.
(2) Any additional information for the board to consider (i.e., evaluations, PRT scores, officer interviews, etc.)
(3) CO’s endorsement on the reconsideration package.
(4) Applicants or command career counselors should submit reconsideration packages via one method outlined in paragraph 6 of this chapter.
b. A new application must be completed if the original non-selection occurred over 6 months previously.
11. Inquiries. Information and questions concerning OCS and ODS programs should be addressed to:
NAVY RECRUITING COMMAND (N31)
NSA MID SOUTH BLDG 784
5722 INTEGRITY DRIVE
MILLINGTON TN 38054-5057
901-874-9028/DSN 882 ocsquestions@navy.mil"

All of that verbiage says "may or "able". This leads me to believe I could submit a new application for the now July board under ISPP despite getting a non-select on the MAY 2023 board.
I actually have an answer for this I contacted someone at NRC and they said it’s either or. You can route a reconsideration package which consists of a few things (I’d have to pull up my email from them to tell you exactly what it is) or you can submit a full new package. All up to you.

exNavyOffRec

I actually have an answer for this I contacted someone at NRC and they said it’s either or. You can route a reconsideration package which consists of a few things (I’d have to pull up my email from them to tell you exactly what it is) or you can submit a full new package. All up to you.
To be clear for those that are not AD USN that read this, NRC will make allowances for AD USN that they will not for others, if you are anything other than AD USN you don't get much of an option.

To be clear for those that are not AD USN that read this, NRC will make allowances for AD USN that they will not for others, if you are anything other than AD USN you don't get much of an option.
Accurate. I’m active duty, but they said it’s really preference. I personally haven’t heard of many people submitting a reconsideration package, most people just jump to the next board.

exNavyOffRec

I mean NRC said it directly so that is about as official it is going to get until they publish a new schedule which could be whenever they feel like it
There are many reasons a board could be moved, it could be to space them out more, it could be due to needing time to figure out how they are doing on goaling, it could be as simple as the people sitting the board aren't available that day (this happens more than you think). The fact it is getting pushed to August really has no effect, especially since that means the board could be pushed 1 day or 31 days given the current board start date is July 31.

BDavis11

Contributor
There are many reasons a board could be moved, it could be to space them out more, it could be due to needing time to figure out how they are doing on goaling, it could be as simple as the people sitting the board aren't available that day (this happens more than you think). The fact it is getting pushed to August really has no effect, especially since that means the board could be pushed 1 day or 31 days given the current board start date is July 31.
I was told to space it out which makes sense. They made it sound like it was shifting by about 30 days.

warrenw1993

Anyone have any thoughts on obtaining your PPL to help your package? I've been to three boards already and am just trying to find ways to stand out. I am out of attempts for my ASTB and I'm currently pursuing a master’s degree which should help my GPA slightly. But the PPL would run me $12000, and from what I've read on this forum it is not a big game changer or anything. I hate to spend that kind of money for little or no benefit.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Anyone have any thoughts on obtaining your PPL to help your package? I've been to three boards already and am just trying to find ways to stand out. I am out of attempts for my ASTB and I'm currently pursuing a master’s degree which should help my GPA slightly. But the PPL would run me $12000, and from what I've read on this forum it is not a big game changer or anything. I hate to spend that kind of money for little or no benefit.

Only spend what you have don’t put yourself in debt…. You could maybe get some hours under your belt?