• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Anyone have any thoughts on obtaining your PPL to help your package? I've been to three boards already and am just trying to find ways to stand out. I am out of attempts for my ASTB and I'm currently pursuing a master’s degree which should help my GPA slightly. But the PPL would run me $12000, and from what I've read on this forum it is not a big game changer or anything. I hate to spend that kind of money for little or no benefit.
The thing that is hurting you is your PFAR combined with the current SNA situation, you really can't do much about that except hope it gets back to normal prior to aging out.

Steinna

I wasn’t selected for the May 2023 board applying under URLO ISPP specifically for pilot. No kick back on the package so I’m not sure what I’m missing or what the red flag was. Anyone else in the same boat? All good luck for the July board. Resubmission pending my COs signature.

warrenw1993

The thing that is hurting you is your PFAR combined with the current SNA situation, you really can't do much about that except hope it gets back to normal prior to aging out.
Unfortunately I figured that out pretty quickly. It looks like I would need a board that has a 60-70% acceptance, otherwise I will never make the cut. Too bad reservists are not eligible for ISPP, it is like being a reservist isn't even taken into account when the board looks at your package. I actually turn 30 on Friday (6/23), do you think they would be able to sort out the back log in the next two years?

warrenw1993

Only spend what you have don’t put yourself in debt…. You could maybe get some hours under your belt?
Yaaa, most of it would be debt fueled. Plus I already have $60K in student loan debt and will probably need to take out another $8K to finish up my masters degree. So that's why I am really hesitant to spend that kind of money if there is no upside to it.

exNavyOffRec

I wasn’t selected for the May 2023 board applying under URLO ISPP specifically for pilot. No kick back on the package so I’m not sure what I’m missing or what the red flag was. Anyone else in the same boat? All good luck for the July board. Resubmission pending my COs signature.
Why they didn't consider for ISPP would be a question for your command to ask, they wouldn't kick it back they would just move it to the normal process.

exNavyOffRec

Unfortunately I figured that out pretty quickly. It looks like I would need a board that has a 60-70% acceptance, otherwise I will never make the cut. Too bad reservists are not eligible for ISPP, it is like being a reservist isn't even taken into account when the board looks at your package. I actually turn 30 on Friday (6/23), do you think they would be able to sort out the back log in the next two years?
There is no way to tell, this is just a wait and see situation.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Yaaa, most of it would be debt fueled. Plus I already have $60K in student loan debt and will probably need to take out another $8K to finish up my masters degree. So that's why I am really hesitant to spend that kind of money if there is no upside to it.

I saw your masters and it should honesty help you out a lot especially because it is in a STEM field! Just get some hours in and show you are starting to gain foundation in aviation. No need for a PPL but I am no board wizard lol so take it worth a grain of salt

Biff42

What were your scores and GPA? It's strange they didn't pick you up for ISPP. I've know of people who had the minimum 4/5/5 and OAR in the 40s and got picked up ??‍♀️

BLinke

I currently have my package ready to submit; however, was waiting for my Flag Officers endorsement. I have an interview with the Commodore tomorrow morning. He was hesitant because of my current evals. I was the number one EP at my previous command but received the sacrificial check in P and then picked up First Class and received another sacrificial P eval. There are very few First Classes at my command, so the EP and MP slots were already taken by Sailors that have previously received evals and needed to progress. I am extremely nervous for this interview and have been ironing my dress uniform for the past three hours.

On another note, I emailed Mr. Celestin about the submission date being pushed as it will make my 2807-2 past 90 days, but was only sent a detailed instruction for the application (which differed from the checklist a little). Has this been officially stated anywhere, or are yall still using the original deadline?

Biff42

I currently have my package ready to submit; however, was waiting for my Flag Officers endorsement. I have an interview with the Commodore tomorrow morning. He was hesitant because of my current evals. I was the number one EP at my previous command but received the sacrificial check in P and then picked up First Class and received another sacrificial P eval. There are very few First Classes at my command, so the EP and MP slots were already taken by Sailors that have previously received evals and needed to progress. I am extremely nervous for this interview and have been ironing my dress uniform for the past three hours.

On another note, I emailed Mr. Celestin about the submission date being pushed as it will make my 2807-2 past 90 days, but was only sent a detailed instruction for the application (which differed from the checklist a little). Has this been officially stated anywhere, or are yall still using the original deadline?
I wouldnt sweat the 90 day thing. Mine physical was done in March I got the PQ letter (well over 90 days) also Celestin on that email he sends saids that the 2807 isn't required. As far as the eval conundrum, I wouldn't sweat it, just explain it, iam sure the commodore will understand the circumstance. Good Luck

Jacksa71

The Commodore is your flag officer, at least for me. It’s weird that you have to interview with him since your CO already signed off on it.

exNavyOffRec

What were your scores and GPA? It's strange they didn't pick you up for ISPP. I've know of people who had the minimum 4/5/5 and OAR in the 40s and got picked up ??‍♀️
It is likely there was something that led him to not be eligible for ISPP or something that NRC thought made him not eligible for ISPP, in which case they would slide him over to the normal board route. It could be just a plain mistake that they didn't mark him as ISPP sometimes mistakes happen you think shouldn't happen.

Steinna

I
It is likely there was something that led him to not be eligible for ISPP or something that NRC thought made him not eligible for ISPP, in which case they would slide him over to the normal board route. It could be just a plain mistake that they didn't mark him as ISPP sometimes mistakes happen you think shouldn't happen.
Is it worth my first flag reaching out to find and answer? Or after the fact are situations like that water under the bridge?

exNavyOffRec

I

Is it worth my first flag reaching out to find and answer? Or after the fact are situations like that water under the bridge?
What is done is done, if you are resubmitting for the next board just do that, it is very possible the answer when you ask what happened is "I don't know", and no matter what the answer is the best they can do is have you looked at for the next board.

I do hope you are submitting for the next board.