• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Steinna

What is done is done, if you are resubmitting for the next board just do that, it is very possible the answer when you ask what happened is "I don't know", and no matter what the answer is the best they can do is have you looked at for the next board.

I do hope you are submitting for the next board.
I am. CO comes back tomorrow just need his signature and I’ll get it resubmitted.

BDavis11

Contributor
I wasn’t selected for the May 2023 board applying under URLO ISPP specifically for pilot. No kick back on the package so I’m not sure what I’m missing or what the red flag was. Anyone else in the same boat? All good luck for the July board. Resubmission pending my COs signature.
Same thing happened to me on the last board

JpQuist

Previous non-select hoping to make this board with the new ASTB scores. I have everything resubmitted it just has to make it to the board at this point. I've been applying since May of 2022 hopefully the new scores make a difference. Good luck to everyone!

bohnanas

What’s up everyone! First time applicant here hoping to make this august board.

ASTB: 60 8/8/7
Aerospace Engineering (incoming 4th year)
GPA: 3.67
Flight experience: 25 hours as a student
Applying for SNA

I’m also prior service active duty navy, did 4 years working the flight line in a growler squadron. Honorable discharge, completely separated from the military now.

Only thing holding things up is MEPS taking forever to see me. Recruiter is telling me it should be soon and that my anticipated waiver should only take a week to receive after seeing the doc. Starting to feel the time crunch with the submit date being 21JUL.

Good luck everyone! If I can’t make this one I’ll see y’all in October

Last edited:

Applying for SNA

I’m also prior service active duty navy, did 4 years working the flight line in a growler squadron. Honorable discharge, completely separated from the military now.

Only thing holding things up is MEPS taking forever to see me. Recruiter is telling me it should be soon and that my anticipated waiver should only take a week to receive after seeing the doc. Starting to feel the time crunch with the submit date being 21JUL.

I had a similar experience, ended up missing the last board so am on this one. Don't get too discouraged if you have to wait for the next board, it'll be worth the wait

Average Monke

A primate with internet access

Applying for SNA

Welcome! If you would like, go ahead and add your info to the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-hRsfem3FmhlLswzPN-04zq_4/edit#gid=1401761530

bohnanas

I had a similar experience, ended up missing the last board so am on this one. Don't get too discouraged if you have to wait for the next board, it'll be worth the wait
Good to know I wasn’t the only one struggling to get a date with MEPS.

Does anyone know if there’s any benefit to waiting until the October board since it’s at the beginning of the new fiscal year (new open slots)? Or is that misguided? I imagine them picking FY24/25 quotas already means that’s misguided but I just wanted to make sure

gtownjake

Does anyone know if there’s any benefit to waiting until the October board since it’s at the beginning of the new fiscal year (new open slots)? Or is that misguided? I imagine them picking FY24/25 quotas already means that’s misguided but I just wanted to make sure
Kinda hard to tell right now. Some say wait and see others say waiting doesn't make a difference and just apply anyways. You have solid scores and prior service will make you appealing for the board. As for the waiver/MEPS thing I was in a similar situation. MEPS was quick in and out, but I wasn't PQ'd until I got my doctors paperwork in order for my waiver, which all in all took a few weeks. Like others have said, don't be discouraged if you miss the board because of it. I kinda wedged in last second to the May board and didn't get picked up so Im gonna try my luck again on this board before I start considering an ASTB retake...

Tumbleweed33

Pretty sure NRC comes out with their quotas in October at some point. Which will tell you how many spots are left for FY24.

In 2021 this happened and they had too many pilots waiting. So they pushed everyone's OCS dates to the next FY since all the spots had been used up by October. Literally anything can happen. keep in mind flight school is still backed up.

gtownjake

Any strategists/ wicked smaht mathematicians want to give their guess on selection numbers for this board? Oct with 20 some SNAs and May with (I think) in the 60s.

Are numbers going back up gradually?

exNavyOffRec

Applying for SNA

Depending on what the waiver is for it could take just a week or months, sometimes what we would think was a quick waiver would be months due to consults needed, hope for the best and plan for the worst.