• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Good to know I wasn’t the only one struggling to get a date with MEPS.

Does anyone know if there’s any benefit to waiting until the October board since it’s at the beginning of the new fiscal year (new open slots)? Or is that misguided? I imagine them picking FY24/25 quotas already means that’s misguided but I just wanted to make sure

Kinda hard to tell right now. Some say wait and see others say waiting doesn't make a difference and just apply anyways. You have solid scores and prior service will make you appealing for the board. As for the waiver/MEPS thing I was in a similar situation. MEPS was quick in and out, but I wasn't PQ'd until I got my doctors paperwork in order for my waiver, which all in all took a few weeks. Like others have said, don't be discouraged if you miss the board because of it. I kinda wedged in last second to the May board and didn't get picked up so Im gonna try my luck again on this board before I start considering an ASTB retake...

Pretty sure NRC comes out with their quotas in October at some point. Which will tell you how many spots are left for FY24.

In 2021 this happened and they had too many pilots waiting. So they pushed everyone's OCS dates to the next FY since all the spots had been used up by October. Literally anything can happen. keep in mind flight school is still backed up.
No benefit, or no noticeable benefit, the issue that happened in Nov 21 was an anomaly as normally changes in yearly hard goals are minimal.

The hard goals don't come out in October, November 21 was the earliest, often they come out in Dec/Jan with the latest I ever saw was February.

The way they do it is they take the yearly hard shipping goals and multiply by 1.4 to get the selection goals, then divide by the number of boards, and then that lets them know how many per board to pick, the extra .4 allows them to have people to push from one FY to the other when needed and technically always ensures candidates waiting to go to OCS. That extra amount also means that the boards don't need to use all of the spots they are allocated, Supply is a good example of this.

In the end what this results in is effectively a fairly steady number of selections per board year after year, SNA should be back to this eventually.

bohnanas

No benefit, or no noticeable benefit, the issue that happened in Nov 21 was an anomaly as normally changes in yearly hard goals are minimal.

The hard goals don't come out in October, November 21 was the earliest, often they come out in Dec/Jan with the latest I ever saw was February.

The way they do it is they take the yearly hard shipping goals and multiply by 1.4 to get the selection goals, then divide by the number of boards, and then that lets them know how many per board to pick, the extra .4 allows them to have people to push from one FY to the other when needed and technically always ensures candidates waiting to go to OCS. That extra amount also means that the boards don't need to use all of the spots they are allocated, Supply is a good example of this.

In the end what this results in is effectively a fairly steady number of selections per board year after year, SNA should be back to this eventually.
This is very good info. Thank you!

Tumbleweed33

I did not think I was totally correct was counting on exNavyOffRec to set everything straight

Biff42

Whats the latest on when this board convenes? And does this also mean the October board got pushed back?

Biff42

I would assume the October one would be pushed back as well.

Curious to see what would happen because it’s so close to next year
I hope not. I extended my PRD so i would be outside the 90 day window to apply if i dont make the july board ??‍♀️

mcwisconsin

I honestly don’t know though, is there an updated board schedule?
The most recent one is from January when you google it.
EDIT: see below for the updated March '23 schedule

I feel like airwarriors should have some sort of quick link or PDF available to view on the home page (of the most up to date board schedule)... People always ask this question on a weekly basis, and I don't blame them. It's not super obvious how to search for it.

Last edited:

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I submitted all my stuff a couple weeks ago before the normal cutoff lol. I just wanted to get everything in and I was notified that it all got submitted successfully