• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

eryman818

Alright guys,
Long time shadow reader here who swore I’d never post to save my own sanity but I’m officially seeking some advice.

Back in February I started compiling my OCS package. A friend who is currently at Pensacola told me about ISPP and thought I’d be a great candidate. I looked over the instruction and it seemed like I met every wicket. I was putting together my package with the intention of submitting for this board. My only setback, my final two classes for my bachelors degree don’t finish until August 25th and my degree won’t be conferred until August. In February, I spoke with Mr. Celestin and he told me “Don’t worry about it, you can still apply. Being so close to finishing the board will see that and if selected you’ll just provide an update to the board since you’ll be done before results come out.” Cool, no problem. I get everything compiled, my CO endorses me, I get my first flag officers appraisal, and I submitted my package May 18th. A few hours later I get a call from Mr. Celestin….
”Hey you don’t qualify for ISPP.”
“What do you mean I don’t qualify? I meet all the requirements”
“You’re applying with a waiver.”
“What waiver?”
“You’re requesting an education waiver.”
“No I’m not? I have a 3.85?”
“Because your degree is not complete you need a waiver. You can still apply for OCS but you need your waiver approved and it won’t be ISPP.”

I agreed and we submitted the waiver request on May 18th. While not ideal because I feel as though I’m a strong ISPP candidate, getting a chance at anything is better than nothing. As of today, July 27th, I still have not heard anything back on my waiver. I have followed up multiple times with multiple emails and phone calls and every time he says “yeah you just gotta keep waiting.”

Surely there’s a POC that can follow up on this waiver request beyond a single civilian coordinator? The last time I spoke with Mr. Celestin (early July) he said he’s the only POC and to call him back in August if I haven’t heard back.

My concern is that my package will not be forwarded to the board if this waiver is not approved and if 10 years of service in the Navy has taught me anything so far it’s that no one gives a shit about your career more than you do. So if there’s any advice or recommendations anyone can give on who else or avenue I can go through to follow up on this I’d greatly appreciate it!

Please don’t say career counselor, I’m a CDT and the CCC has no clue.

exNavyOffRec

Alright guys,
Long time shadow reader here who swore I’d never post to save my own sanity but I’m officially seeking some advice.

Back in February I started compiling my OCS package. A friend who is currently at Pensacola told me about ISPP and thought I’d be a great candidate. I looked over the instruction and it seemed like I met every wicket. I was putting together my package with the intention of submitting for this board. My only setback, my final two classes for my bachelors degree don’t finish until August 25th and my degree won’t be conferred until August. In February, I spoke with Mr. Celestin and he told me “Don’t worry about it, you can still apply. Being so close to finishing the board will see that and if selected you’ll just provide an update to the board since you’ll be done before results come out.” Cool, no problem. I get everything compiled, my CO endorses me, I get my first flag officers appraisal, and I submitted my package May 18th. A few hours later I get a call from Mr. Celestin….
“What waiver?”
“Because your degree is not complete you need a waiver. You can still apply for OCS but you need your waiver approved and it won’t be ISPP.”

I agreed and we submitted the waiver request on May 18th. While not ideal because I feel as though I’m a strong ISPP candidate, getting a chance at anything is better than nothing. As of today, July 27th, I still have not heard anything back on my waiver. I have followed up multiple times with multiple emails and phone calls and every time he says “yeah you just gotta keep waiting.”

Surely there’s a POC that can follow up on this waiver request beyond a single civilian coordinator? The last time I spoke with Mr. Celestin (early July) he said he’s the only POC and to call him back in August if I haven’t heard back.

My concern is that my package will not be forwarded to the board if this waiver is not approved and if 10 years of service in the Navy has taught me anything so far it’s that no one gives a shit about your career more than you do. So if there’s any advice or recommendations anyone can give on who else or avenue I can go through to follow up on this I’d greatly appreciate it!

He doesn't make the call the PM and director do, I never saw or heard of an AD being allowed to go to board without having a degree in hand, there have been many on this site that tried and were told "no, you have to wait until degree complete".

I have a feeling he said something he shouldn't have.

Like @villo0692 said, just complete your degree, you have less than 30 days until it is done anyway, and odds are the difference in OCS dates wouldn't be that different anyway.

Biff42

Alright guys,

“What waiver?”

I was kind of in the same pickle, as far as thinking I wouldn't have my degree in time. I was told I could still apply but with a waiver. I was able to complete by degree and get it confirmed by the end of May. I did submit an age waiver since iam 32 , I got word back that it was approved and my package forwarded to the board within 3-5 business days. So not sure exactly why it taking so long for you. You're doing all the necessary steps you can do right now. At board list should come out in a few weeks

I hear a lot about the at board list. If we know all of our stuff was submitted then is there any reason to be concerned you won't be on the at board list? If so, what would cause you to not be on it?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I hear a lot about the at board list. If we know all of our stuff was submitted then is there any reason to be concerned you won't be on the at board list? If so, what would cause you to not be on it?

The processor kicked your packet back to your recruiter for missing stuff and they never noticed it.