• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

For my SEAL packet I had to have at least 2 SEAL Officers endorse me… I chose aviation because that is my passion and I’m giving that my best shot first.

In regards to aviation there was no endorsement from an officer needed. My recruiter personally required 5 LORs 3 in aviation, my boss, and coach. It’s not a requirement to have LORs (Letter of Recommendations) for aviation but he told me that’s what I needed for a strong kit.

Like what @exNavyOffRec said, you’re getting concepts confused especially with google want to be military sites. They may be calling LORs “endorsements”. In a sense yes they are endorsing you on their behalf by promoting you but it’s not an endorsement in big Navy’s eyes.

Conclusion, LOR not the same as Endorsement. Some designators require you to be endorsed, some do not.
LOR's do nothing for aviation unless a person has a waiver, ASTB is king, even for other designators unless the person is known to you for a decent amount of time and seen you perform work it won't mean much, that is why it is important when going for other designators and getting an LOR to think about the person giving the write-up.

Most companies won't allow their companies to do anything more than confirm employment to avoid liability issues, it is not uncommon for managers to give an endorsement without realizing they are not supposed to.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
LOR's do nothing for aviation unless a person has a waiver, ASTB is king, even for other designators unless the person is known to you for a decent amount of time and seen you perform work it won't mean much, that is why it is important when going for other designators and getting an LOR to think about the person giving the write-up.

Most companies won't allow their companies to do anything more than confirm employment to avoid liability issues, it is not uncommon for managers to give an endorsement without realizing they are not supposed to.

Yeah I work in Finance so my boss ran it by our FINRA/SEC compliance department and they surprisingly gave it a thumbs up haha I was shocked. My principal (head of dept) was a former coastie so that probably helped…

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Yeah I work in Finance so my boss ran it by our FINRA/SEC compliance department and they surprisingly gave it a thumbs up haha I was shocked. My principal (head of dept) was a former coastie so that probably helped…

You’d be surprised the amount of stuff that I have audited. It’s pretty crazy

exNavyOffRec

That is surprising you were able to get that to fly as having been in that field I have never known legal for a company regulated by FINRA to give the OK on that, I have known a few companies that have had specifically said doing so was a violation that would result in termination.

Is your legal and compliance team one in the same?

Enigma

I know being more fit and able to easily pass the PRT will make life easier at OCS.

But, are we required to formally take and pass the PRT before we can ship out to OCS?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
That is surprising you were able to get that to fly as having been in that field I have never known legal for a company regulated by FINRA to give the OK on that, I have known a few companies that have had specifically said doing so was a violation that would result in termination.

Is your legal and compliance team one in the same?

Our compliance team forwards all request to our legal team if needed. FINRA is our SRO in which we follow SEC rules.

They work side by side basically all one group. I would give my company name but that would in fact as you may know be a direct violation of FINRA rules…. I do work at the largest investment firm nationally and 2nd globally if that helps haha

flight_hero

I have been hearing the 3rd class swim test is also a part of OCS at some point. I think I am an average swimmer but If selected I will probably have to spend a little more time in the pool. Do any of you have a good swimming workout to share?

flight_hero

Me watching more and more people from the May board going to OCS within 3-4 months
It is most certainly a wake up call. I was originally expecting a 9 month to 2 year wait post selection or longer based on what my recruiter was telling me in January. It's still hard to believe that this time next year some of us could be in RI or in FL.

FlyingGamecock

Legit has been my motivation to get into the gym a lot more lately lol
Oh you don’t even know man. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m the heaviest and most out of shape person on the board lol.

Been on the grind since last week and definitely don’t plan to slow down after seeing people’s OCS dates. If I had to go in 3 months, I think I can make it but not a lot of room for error.

Had to go ahead and get the David Goggins book to listen to while running.