• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

FlyingGamecock

Just spit balling here, how many applicants do you think this board will have?
Roughly 140. Used a basic proportion of the spreadsheet applicants from the May board, the total applicants the May board, and this boards spreadsheet applicants.

Not sure if that’s realistic math or not. Did the same math with the October board and got roughly 120

FlyingGamecock

Because I’m a nerd I did it for all the board data we have and averaged it out. 141 total applicants based off of our spreadsheet applicants right now.

But we always get more applicants on the spreadsheet as we get closer to selection and even after results have been posted. So maybe closer to 200 as more people put stats in

My recruiter said roughly 300-400 but we wont really know until results are in. She told me that the one last October had around 480.
Lol if I was a betting man, I would bet a whole lot of money that the at board numbers will much more closely resemble what @FlyingGamecock predicted. Based on the data posted here from past boards. October had 336 applicants and May had 242. It was approximately 8 months between those boards (of which October had a very low acceptance rate) whereas there are only 3 months between this board and the last one. By the time results were posted, the gap to reapply was closer to half that three month window.

Everything I just stated though was based on my personal observations, and if I’m wrong on anything, feel free to call me out.

gtownjake

I’d agree. If you average number of excel applicants out of total applicants it’s pretty consistently around 30%. So even if we hit 50-60 people on the spreadsheet, we are looking at a smaller turnout than May.

Let’s just hope for some promising updates in the future.

FlyingGamecock

The smaller the number, the better for us. Less competition.

I’m feeling good about this board. Selection went up on the May board, less applicants on this one, civilians getting quick OCS dates, and a cancelled October board? Sounds to me like they got things back on track after this board.

Take that with a handful of salt because that’s just my optimistic feelings

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Well just heard back from recuiter that we are still waiting on a police record check for a traffic violation meaning I will be missing this board.

This is the third time now I will be narrowly missing board due to circumstances out of my control. I wish you all you a Pro-rec-Y!

Well just heard back from recuiter that we are still waiting on a police record check for a traffic violation meaning I will be missing this board.

This is the third time now I will be narrowly missing board due to circumstances out of my control. I wish you all you a Pro-rec-Y!

Sorry to hear that man. Way more frustrating than a pro-rec-n. Was the citation within the past 2 months?

FlyingGamecock

Yeah that’s awful, especially because you’re basically a lock for a pro rec y. Keep at it man, it’ll be worth it

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Sorry to hear that man. Way more frustrating than a pro-rec-n. Was the citation within the past 2 months?
Nope, it happen over 4 years ago. I’ve been waiting over a month just for the records to get a thumbs up. I can indeed confirm it’s worse than a pro-rec-n, especially when I feel like I have a competitive packet.

FlyingGamecock

Nope, it happen over 4 years ago. I’ve been waiting over a month just for the records to get a thumbs up. I can indeed confirm it’s worse than a pro-rec-n, especially when I feel like I have a competitive packet.
Was it just a speeding ticket or something? Never even heard of having to report tickets for a package

gtownjake

Good luck, let it be the fuel to your fire!

Honestly, after I got my Pro Rec N I started questioning every bad decision I’ve ever made and wonder how the Big Navy found them ??

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
My recruiter said roughly 300-400 but we wont really know until results are in. She told me that the one last October had around 480.

I wouldn’t say 300-400 will be on this board. The number of applicants have significantly gone down due to a lot of recruiters turning down aviation applicants for the past year. If you also go by how many people are on the spreadsheets this one by far has the lowest out of any of them. Most 2023 grads tried for the May board as well. So my guess would honestly be 150 or below!