• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

mcwisconsin

I wouldn’t say 300-400 will be on this board. The number of applicants have significantly gone down due to a lot of recruiters turning down aviation applicants for the past year. If you also go by how many people are on the spreadsheets this one by far has the lowest out of any of them. Most 2023 grads tried for the May board as well. So my guess would honestly be 150 or below!
Hopefully we get an at board list sometime next week.

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
Well just heard back from recuiter that we are still waiting on a police record check for a traffic violation meaning I will be missing this board.

This is the third time now I will be narrowly missing board due to circumstances out of my control. I wish you all you a Pro-rec-Y!

How long have you been waiting?

FlyingGamecock

Not necessarily as there are several factors involved here, the biggest one to remember is the selection goal is about 140% - 150% of what they actually need each year, this means the board doesn't have to use all the selections.
Not sure if you’d know or not but if they decide to not use selections, is it normally because people don’t have decent scores?

Like if there were 30 spots left for the year and the only applicants left had 5s, then they would pass them up? And if there were some 7s or 8s they’d probably select them?

exNavyOffRec

Not sure if you’d know or not but if they decide to not use selections, is it normally because people don’t have decent scores?

Like if there were 30 spots left for the year and the only applicants left had 5s, then they would pass them up? And if there were some 7s or 8s they’d probably select them?
They could, I have normally seen this with Supply or the IWC.

68Chev

The smaller the number, the better for us. Less competition.

I’m feeling good about this board. Selection went up on the May board, less applicants on this one, civilians getting quick OCS dates, and a cancelled October board? Sounds to me like they got things back on track after this board.

Take that with a handful of salt because that’s just my optimistic feelings
Just for clarification, you're referring to this October 30th board in roughly 2 months? Or a previous October board?

Biff42

Because I’m a nerd I did it for all the board data we have and averaged it out. 141 total applicants based off of our spreadsheet applicants right now.

But we always get more applicants on the spreadsheet as we get closer to selection and even after results have been posted. So maybe closer to 200 as more people put stats in
There was a post about a week ago that included a shot of the adjusted schedule and the Oct 23 board was removed.

Attachments

• 71104688372__EC1704F0-EC73-48EA-976F-15CBD0B66A7B.jpeg
    71104688372__EC1704F0-EC73-48EA-976F-15CBD0B66A7B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 60

68Chev

That's not the best news...I'm out in Salt Lake right now getting flight hours to submit as well as my PPL. Thought I'd be able to apply to this oct board. But I guess I'll have to wait.