• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Yes sir, no reason not to get those. Then after a year, you can upgrade your gold to another platinum, then apply for another gold. Rinse and repeat until you have a ton of platinum cards and then you have a crazy amount of benefits to use monthly/yearly. Like the Uber, hotel, airline credits, etc.

No rule against having 10 Amex platinums giving you 150 bucks in Uber eats credits a month
Eventually, you'll have enough metal to build yourself a LCS... not that you would want to

Dsimms2900

SNA Pro Rec - Y
Currently watching helos land on the flight deck (on a cruiser btw) while were in the middle of the ocean. pretty crazy stuff for those who want to go on to fly mh60s.

eranger24

You can google navy PFT calculator to see where you’re at. I’ve seen around that you need to be at least at a Good-Low for OCS but I would aim above that for obvious reasons.

gtownjake

You can google navy PFT calculator to see where you’re at. I’ve seen around that you need to be at least at a Good-Low for OCS but I would aim above that for obvious reasons.
Yeah for sure. I think I’m good but it doesn’t hurt to know. Thanks!

Also account that in OCS you're gonna be exhausted, stressed, and probably a bit hungry, so there's is a good chance you won't put on your best performance. Always add in a buffer zone for in case you have a bad day/strict grader.

gtownjake

Also account that in OCS you're gonna be exhausted, stressed, and probably a bit hungry, so there's is a good chance you won't put on your best performance. Always add in a buffer zone for in case you have a bad day/strict grader.
That’s a good point. I’ve been doing my running before any lifts/body weight exercises to simulate that. I hear HIIT workouts are great too.

Enigma

I know females have different PRT standards from the males. But, when you train together aren't you all doing the same exercises and have to keep up with the group? Should women also aim to exceed the male good low?

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
This might be a stupid question, but do enlisted sailors and officers workout in the same gym? If so, how do the formalities work such as saluting? I had thought about this randomly while working out today.