• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

flight_hero

Goes without saying, but be careful about overtraining. Don’t want anyone’s shoulders to explode
Indeed! I met a customer a year ago at my job and he told me how he herniated a disk trying to break his PR on squat while in ROTC. He had originally been selected to become an SNA but had to get redesignated because of his injury. His face retelling the story said it all.

gtownjake

Indeed! I met a customer a year ago at my job and he told me how he herniated a disk trying to break his PR on squat while in ROTC. He had originally been selected to become an SNA but had to get redesignated because of his injury. His face retelling the story said it all.
Staying away from maxes right now. I’m fortunate to have equipment at home, but not fortunate enough to have a spotter lol

klk1234

by any chance does any of you has an example of a waiver for graduating before the board convene day. Or whaat is the request to allow you to summit your package. Thank you

eranger24

I think you don’t have to salute inoors.
This might be a stupid question, but do enlisted sailors and officers workout in the same gym? If so, how do the formalities work such as saluting? I had thought about this randomly while working out today.
Only saluting going on indoors is during ceremonies or whatever formalities are happening that would require covers to be worn.
Don’t be that guy that wears their navy ball cap with the PTU but if you do…remember that we don’t salute in PTU’s

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

Herniated a disc as well deadlifting lol worst pain of my life. I could not walk to save my life for a month. Woke up every night for weeks to my back feeling like it was on fire.

One piece of advice exercise your lower back don’t neglect it.

Thankfully I’m all good now!

nefalexa

I know females have different PRT standards from the males. But, when you train together aren't you all doing the same exercises and have to keep up with the group? Should women also aim to exceed the male good low?
Pls educate yourself on physical differences and how average women’s bodies perform versus men’s. For example, hip width directly impacts women’s form while running, or the upper body muscular structure (affects push ups)

Enigma

Pls educate yourself on physical differences and how average women’s bodies perform versus men’s. For example, hip width directly impacts women’s form while running, or the upper body muscular structure (affects push ups)
I understand that there are biological differences between men and women. And that women need to train a certain way to prevent injuries. The point of my question was to see what training together as a group was like.

For example, are there group smoke sessions and are we all expected to do the same exercises for the same amount of time/reps? And if we can't keep up will there be more punishments?

BDavis11

Contributor
I understand that there are biological differences between men and women. And that women need to train a certain way to prevent injuries. The point of my question was to see what training together as a group was like.

For example, are there group smoke sessions and are we all expected to do the same exercises for the same amount of time/reps? And if we can't keep up will there be more punishments?
Training is the same intensity across the board. Nothing too crazy. Everyone can complete perfectly fine

nefalexa

For example, are there group smoke sessions and are we all expected to do the same exercises for the same amount of time/reps? And if we can't keep up will there be
Group exercises a lot of the time are done together but at different paces. But also they’re meant for everyone to be able to keep up more or less.
Make sure to let your OCS instructors about this to make sure there are no confusions
There’s a reason good low for women is different than good low for men ;)

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
Group exercises a lot of the time are done together but at different paces. But also they’re meant for everyone to be able to keep up more or less.

There’s a reason good low for women is different than good low for men ;)
You sound fun at parties.