• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mouselovr

Contributor
I’d like to tell a story that might give light on this. Met a fellow who flew the F-14 for VF-32 though the 70s and 80s. This gentleman passed with 20/20 in one eye but gradually degraded over his career. Navy medical simply prescribed him a pair of glasses to wear during CASE III recovery to the boat in order to see the meatball. TL;DR: I’m sure they’ll find a way to keep you because your already in.
The Navy will give you glasses if you are not a perfect 20/20.
The ones you wear for flight are dorky, BUT they also give you a pair of kick ass prescription aviators. Yes, similar to the ones Tom Cruise wears in top gun....

However, a lot of my peers have gotten lasik while waiting in A pool to get there eyes back to 20/20 because the Navy hands it out like candy. Unlike lasik in the civilian world where you need to wait 6 months post op to talk to the military, we only get downed for flight for 2 weeks as its done "in house".

In short, if you can get past the initial flight physical, the navy will fix your eyes.

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
My recruiter just texted to meet with me tomorrow ? I’m assuming board results are out and I’m getting bad news
There’s no way the results are already out, it’s only been a week ?

That being said, I would think that you shouldn’t deliver bad news like that in person. Did your recruiter give you a reason for the meeting?