• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

mcwisconsin

I check this thread 2-3 times a day looking for some sort of update, but it's always just a bunch of paranoid guys giving other applicants anxiety ? ?

I should definitely turn off my email notifications or blacklist this website, but I've been waiting so long for this.

when I went to MEPs, they measured everyone what seemed to be an inch shorter than what people thought they were. Probably because men like to exaggerate their height. So many of the 18-year-olds were like "wtf, I'm 6ft not 5'11" lol
Literally the opposite happened to me both at MEPS for enlisting, and this last time. I’ve always been about 70.5 inches, but I’ve always claimed 5’10” since that’s all I’ve actually been “fully qualified” for in my mind. However, MEPS has consistently put me down as 71”. So for the sake of this forum where we go off MEPS, I’m 5’11”.

ADP

also if we're height posting to pad the page count, I swear I'm definitely 5'11 but MEPS has me at 6'0, so I'll take it

68Chev

Not a Navy OCS SNA candidate, but I am a USMC SNA candidate. Our Board concluded today, and OSOs are saying we should know by Wednesday at the latest. I've been following this thread because it's entertaining, and I just wanted to say I'm rooting for you guys. Hope you get your results soon!
He is sharing information that he heard. It may not be on paper or be concrete. But he is sharing information that was shared with him. Who knows if it's real or not. Just what he heard. And what are "OSO's"?

Skylanepilot1981

Literally the opposite happened to me both at MEPS for enlisting, and this last time. I’ve always been about 70.5 inches, but I’ve always claimed 5’10” since that’s all I’ve actually been “fully qualified” for in my mind. However, MEPS has consistently put me down as 71”. So for the sake of this forum where we go off MEPS, I’m 5’11”.
which is basically 6foot but may as well round up to 6'1 but is close enough to be 6'2

Skylanepilot1981

He is sharing information that he heard. It may not be on paper or be concrete. But he is sharing information that was shared with him. Who knows if it's real or not. Just what he heard. And what are "OSO's"?
Officer Selection Officer (Officer Recruiters but for Marines). OSOs (pronounced "Oh-so") are a lot more influential on your selection for OCS than the Navy recruiters are for us. They interview you, look at your PT test, and resume and guide you in preparations for OCS if you are selected. They are actual Marine Officers are never enlisted. They are typically assisted by a new O-1 waiting to start training at THE BASIC SCHOOL (TBS), where new marine officers learn how to be marine officers. You work with an OSO to build the best application you can for the board.

68Chev

Officer Selection Officer (Officer Recruiters but for Marines). OSOs (pronounced "Oh-so") are a lot more influential on your selection for OCS than the Navy recruiters are for us. They interview you, look at your PT test, and resume and guide you in preparations for OCS if you are selected. They are actual Marine Officers are never enlisted. They are typically assisted by a new O-1 waiting to start training at THE BASIC SCHOOL (TBS), where new marine officers learn how to be marine officers. You work with an OSO to build the best application you can for the board.
Thank you for the great information. It would be nice to have a guide for transitioning into the military world prior to OCS like you say the OSOs do. I talked with a marine aviator that was further along than I was in the process. Their process is incredibly different. He had never heard of AW and therefore didn't know about the study material that was out there, not that you can't find that material on your own, but to be honest, the gouge on here is so streamlined, it saves anyone starting the process a lot of time.

exNavyOffRec

It would be nice if we could get measured at recruiting offices or at MEPS so we know what we’re eligible for. you are probably right that I don’t have anything to worry about.
That used to be a thing that we did, not sure when it ended. It wasn't official but more of a way to see if there could be an issue when the official measurement happened.