• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
do SWOs ever redesignate or is that just too hard for most?

I know some people who’ve gone SWO because they didn’t get a SEAL O spot. Went SWO then they put their packet back in for SEAL and got to go into the SEAL program. I know another guy who went SWO to NFO then onto be a rated SEAL. Another went SWO to EOD. Another did SWO and got a unassociated sea tour in a CORIVON unit, used his quals from EXW school to help him stand out at SOAS and got a spot.

It all depends on what is available, who do you know, your Fitreps, timing, and your qualifications.

Mouselovr

Contributor
do SWOs ever redesignate or is that just too hard for most?
Yes. I've met a couple of SWO -> SNA folks in A pool.

I also had multiple guys in my class that were prior enlisted BUD/s duds who were commissioning SWO to ultimately try for SEAL again.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Yes. I've met a couple of SWO -> SNA folks in A pool.

I also had multiple guys in my class that were prior enlisted BUD/s duds who were commissioning SWO to ultimately try for SEAL again.

It’s a learning opportunity for those who didn’t get the community they “wanted”. You gain leadership skills, gain qualifications, and are in an environment to raise your Fitreps. Fitreps are very important when trying to redesignate. Fitrep, fitrep, fitrep. You want to stand out. That’s one way.

justwren

im a bird
got a buddy who re-des'd to IP and he likes it so far - the community while he's going through school as well as the shorter contract.

D

Deleted member 88965

Does anyone know when we get the pro-Y or N do we get official documentation for it and after we accept? Or is it just your recruiter going ya man ur in?

FloridaDad

man I’m already 24 aren’t I too old to do this kinda crazy career switching? haha man that’s wild!
31 years old here! Spent my entire adult life in the music and acting world as a performer and teacher. Everything fell apart during COVID and I found myself here at age 30 going for this crazy childhood dream I thought was dead (LASIK wasn't allowed when I was a teenager).
It’s a learning opportunity for those who didn’t get the community they “wanted”. You gain leadership skills, gain qualifications, and are in an environment to raise your Fitreps. Fitreps are very important when trying to redesignate. Fitrep, fitrep, fitrep. You want to stand out. That’s one way.
Unfortunately, I think I am officially too old to try and redesignate later if I don't get what I want out of the gate. I don't think there's any way for a 32 year old SWO officer to then try and redesignate to pilot or NFO at age 35 or so.

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
My recruiter added me to a Groupme chat called “Officer Select Group” and I just about shit myself.

Then I saw the message from my recruiter saying that it’s basically just the same thing as the previous chat for all applicants but different for admin reasons.

Well, looks like I’ll need to apply for an age waiver bc I aged a few years from that

nefalexa

My recruiter added me to a Groupme chat called “Officer Select Group” and I just about shit myself.

Then I saw the message from my recruiter saying that it’s basically just the same thing as the previous chat for all applicants but different for admin reasons.

Well, looks like I’ll need to apply for an age waiver bc I aged a few years from that
At this point anyone calling my phone gives me the heebie geebies (idk how to spell this, using my immigrant card right about now)