• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

FloridaDad

Officer Selection Officer (Officer Recruiters but for Marines). OSOs (pronounced "Oh-so") are a lot more influential on your selection for OCS than the Navy recruiters are for us. They interview you, look at your PT test, and resume and guide you in preparations for OCS if you are selected. They are actual Marine Officers are never enlisted. They are typically assisted by a new O-1 waiting to start training at THE BASIC SCHOOL (TBS), where new marine officers learn how to be marine officers. You work with an OSO to build the best application you can for the board.
Man I wish that was our experience with the Navy! What an awesome way to handle recruitment!

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛?⬛
⬛?⬛⬛?
?????
That was a good one today. I kinda panicked after my first 2 lines didn't give me any info lol

Mouselovr

Contributor
This is honestly probably good news for us. Seems like business as usual!
The USNA has to commission "x" of people every year. OCS is the on-off switch.

don't think about it, you'll hate your life as a SWO
There's a lot of SWO bashing on this forum. When you go to OCS, you'll hear even more of it from the SWO LTs.

All my SWO ENS friends have really enjoyed their time thus far and were extremely confused about why there was so much demoralizing hate. Positive SWO experience largely seems to be associated with a good CoC.

Is aviation a better gig? Unquestionably. Shoot to fly. But being a SWO is not as bad as its made out to be.

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
Is aviation a better gig? Unquestionably. Shoot to fly. But being a SWO is not as bad as its made out to be.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider SWO when my recruiter brought it up. But, like others have said in this thread, I didn't want to commit myself to something I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to do.

That being said, one of my friends from college is a SWO and he's living his best life rn. I don't doubt that it's a great path to be on