• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

cjh5073

Ugh well that’s nice of him! I asked me recruiter and he said he’d get back to me whenever he heard anything official. And capitalized OFFICIAL ?. He must be really annoyed with me.

I rather he just put a dog out of its misery though, no need for official results if I didn’t get selected.
Yeah again with the “recruiters suck” mantra.

Connordl1120

Pro Rec Y - NFO
Can someone help me.. I'm applying for the May2023 board and I need help finding the template for the package. I'm able to find what is needed but I can't find a template for everything that needs to be filled out.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Yeah again with the “recruiters suck” mantra.
I hate to be that guy but a lot of people's recruiters also told them that this board was "canceled" multiple times leading up to this. I'm not trusting a damn thing till the official results come out. So many different things have been said on the numbers of selects for this board as well. Idk maybe I'm wrong but I don't know if I can trust recruiters with some stories I've been told.

kgrooney2

In the spirit of getting to page 300, I'd like to share some matlab programs I wrote earlier in the semester for a flight mechanics assignment which calculate the flight envelopes of jet and propeller aircraft. Currently they are set up to calculate roughly for the 747 and C2 greyhound. The plots attached are for the aforementioned aircraft generated using the programs.
1669171313617.png
1669171350910.png

Attachments

• Aircraft Flight Envelope Calculators-20221123T024033Z-001.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 6

vborr005

In the spirit of getting to page 300, I'd like to share some matlab programs I wrote earlier in the semester for a flight mechanics assignment which calculate the flight envelopes of jet and propeller aircraft. Currently they are set up to calculate roughly for the 747 and C2 greyhound. The plots attached are for the aforementioned aircraft generated using the programs.
View attachment 36805
View attachment 36806
Amazing. I have no idea what this means but I trust you.

exNavyOffRec

My packet was at board. It was on the list here as well. He said he can push it to the next board. I was not selected. He also stated the same thing we keep seeing that only a handful of SNA got selected. He had made a phone call to the head of the boards but the official list is not out yet.
A few things, recruiters don't communicate with the senior board member, it is doubtful they would even know who it was until the official list with signatures is released. There are some that could have communication with the Director of OCS accessions or maybe the PM.

If a person is Pro N that means the application as a whole is rejected, a rejected application can't just be sent to another board it has to go through a review process again, he could take your rejected application and try to upload it again and hope no one catches the signatures will be old, that would then allow it to get reviewed again before being sent to board. The thing is if you were a No now if he turns around and resubmits you don't have a chance to retest and increase your scores.

kgrooney2

Amazing. I have no idea what this means but I trust you.
Basically, there are a bunch of parameters for an aircraft( wingspan, planform area, gross weight, propulsion type, etc) and these programs take them and develops the velocity envelope in which the aircraft can fly as well as the max endurance, range, and flight ceilings. There is a min and max velocity at a given altitude due to thrust required and thrust available which is the upside down u shaped curve. Then there is the stall speed for the aircraft at each altitude, which is the absolute minimum velocity that the aircraft can fly before it’ll drop out of the sky. These charts show the speeds possible for steady level flight of the aircraft at altitude.

Skylanepilot1981

Basically, there are a bunch of parameters for an aircraft( wingspan, planform area, gross weight, propulsion type, etc) and these programs take them and develops the velocity envelope in which the aircraft can fly as well as the max endurance, range, and flight ceilings. There is a min and max velocity at a given altitude due to thrust required and thrust available which is the upside down u shaped curve. Then there is the stall speed for the aircraft at each altitude, which is the absolute minimum velocity that the aircraft can fly before it’ll drop out of the sky. These charts show the speeds possible for steady level flight of the aircraft at altitude.
You’re a nerd! I am too

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
A few things, recruiters don't communicate with the senior board member, it is doubtful they would even know who it was until the official list with signatures is released. There are some that could have communication with the Director of OCS accessions or maybe the PM.

If a person is Pro N that means the application as a whole is rejected, a rejected application can't just be sent to another board it has to go through a review process again, he could take your rejected application and try to upload it again and hope no one catches the signatures will be old, that would then allow it to get reviewed again before being sent to board. The thing is if you were a No now if he turns around and resubmits you don't have a chance to retest and increase your scores.

You are correct. I was not selected. He said he “made a phone call to the head of the board, to figure out if I got selected”. Weird thing is that it was old recruiter not my current one that sent me that email. So not sure who to believe…

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
You are correct. I was not selected. He said he “made a phone call to the head of the board, to figure out if I got selected”. Weird thing is that it was old recruiter not my current one that sent me that email. So not sure who to believe…

My current recruiter said he does not know yet. So I am confused, and yeah confused lol