• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

vborr005

Basically, there are a bunch of parameters for an aircraft( wingspan, planform area, gross weight, propulsion type, etc) and these programs take them and develops the velocity envelope in which the aircraft can fly as well as the max endurance, range, and flight ceilings. There is a min and max velocity at a given altitude due to thrust required and thrust available which is the upside down u shaped curve. Then there is the stall speed for the aircraft at each altitude, which is the absolute minimum velocity that the aircraft can fly before it’ll drop out of the sky. These charts show the speeds possible for steady level flight of the aircraft at altitude.
This is awesome! Thanks for explaining :)

BB Poison

Contributor
Very nice, I know a lot of people don’t really like MATLAB but it’s pretty dang useful if you get it to work for you

However, I will do you one better by sharing an actual slide from the intermediate fluids class I took during my last year in school.

You have no idea how difficult it was to keep a straight face while my professor was discussing this slide in detail. I may be a little immature for that, but seeing this at 8:20am on a Friday was just too funny
I remember one time in my flight dynamics class, the professor called one of the forces on a point "P" and kept referencing "the force of P", I had to leave the room because I was crying laughing... not my finest moment.