• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

TheManInTheBox99

I’m on the older side of the “early 20s” so I’m not in a situation to schlep around like a bum haha. All I’m hoping for is the soonest possible OCS date!
I agree (if you are young and have no responsibilities to tie you down).

Once I got picked up, I worked a bunch of seasonal and fun jobs until I went to OCS. I made decent money and travelled in doing so.

If you choose to go the vagabond route as I did, keep good track of your dates of where you are. It will simplify your TS further down the road.
Once I hear back from my recruiter and get an OCS date (either for NFO or the other designators im applying for) I’ll plan a trip to Spain to kind of float around going city to city staying in hostels meeting before before I ship out! Been working two really fun part time jobs since graduating and been taking trips every month so far since graduating. Been to some awesome places and met some awesome people!

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
Have you had your quarter life crisis? I’m going through it right now. I swear I was 18 like 2 years ago!
I was 20 4 years ago… man time flies. I was goofing off studying abroad in tokyo and everything seemed possible. Hit 24 in july and realized my possibilities were slowly receding.

BDavis11

Contributor
Have you had your quarter life crisis? I’m going through it right now. I swear I was 18 like 2 years ago!
I do that when I think about retirement. Had a friend Commander retire after 40 yrs of service. Thats 100% retirement pay. I think to myself man if I can make it to even 30 yrs and 75% I'll still have for other life things. But at 20 yrs my kids will be in HS and I can attend every last event/sports game etc. without any worry of deployment or PCS'ing. Have to remind myself I'll cross the bridge when I get there in 12 years. Ill also be 42 around retirment years. Another 10 makes me 50. I already feel old at 31, and I can olny imagine 40-50 smh. FOREVER 21!

BDavis11

Contributor
I was 20 4 years ago… man time flies. I was goofing off studying abroad in tokyo and everything seemed possible. Hit 24 in july and realized my possibilities were slowly receding.
I felt like that ever since 25. Originally wanted to be a US Marshal while getting my degree. Joined the military for different reasons than most of you and realized it's easy to make it a career. Now at 40+ I don't see that being an option by the time I'm out. Oh well. Almost feel like I wasted a degree at this point. Should have stuck with a sport related one.

Jacksa71

Finally got a reply from Mr. Celestin about my ISPP application. I’ll be going to the next May board which is weird. For ISPP applicants, I thought the board would meet every quarter per PA100F. Either way, good luck to those that are still awaiting results this board.

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
I felt like that ever since 25. Originally wanted to be a US Marshal while getting my degree. Joined the military for different reasons than most of you and realized it's easy to make it a career. Now at 40+ I don't see that being an option by the time I'm out. Oh well. Almost feel like I wasted a degree at this point. Should have stuck with a sport related one.
I’m sorta losing it because this is the only career I’ve ever wanted to do. The wait to know is killer but knowing a prorec Y is unlikely for me is what’s getting to me.

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
I’m sorta losing it because this is the only career I’ve ever wanted to do. The wait to know is killer but knowing a prorec Y is unlikely for me is what’s getting to me.
You're not alone. I've wanted to fly since I was 5 when my Dad (enlisted AF sheetmetal and structures) let me sit in an F16. I've never even conisdered another career.
Head up and maintain a neutral attitude. I had a hard time on the last board not obsessing and repeatedly going through my package. If you have your license, go fly. When I start obsesing, I go rent the Archer for 0.5-1.5 and get some seat time in.

kathelim

Finally got a reply from Mr. Celestin about my ISPP application. I’ll be going to the next May board which is weird. For ISPP applicants, I thought the board would meet every quarter per PA100F. Either way, good luck to those that are still awaiting results this board
When did you submit your application??

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
You're not alone. I've wanted to fly since I was 5 when my Dad (enlisted AF sheetmetal and structures) let me sit in an F16. I've never even conisdered another career.
Head up and maintain a neutral attitude. I had a hard time on the last board not obsessing and repeatedly going through my package. If you have your license, go fly. When I start obsesing, I go rent the Archer for 0.5-1.5 and get some seat time in.
did you get selected last board or are you waiting with us on this one?