• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

68Chev

Hey now, that's the only way to drive. I was doing that and 5500RPM twostep launches on my 2015 EVO X (703hp on E98 / 546HP pump 92). Rev limit shifts at 8800RPM all day, every day. It makes me miss having a fast car but getting my PPL took priority, so I sold the EVO and Turbo Yamaha FZ07.
Jealous, T56s have skyrocketed in price. Have you seen the company that makes the bolt on sequential pattern for the T56? Are you a single disk clutch? What brand pistons and rods? I was thinking of going manley or wiesco. I'm waiting for the machine shop to give me sizes.
I suppose you're right about the stroke. Especially if I want revs. I have a friend who's running a procharged 408 in his G8 making just shy of 1200HP on 12-16PSI(?) That car is just silly.
From what I've found, a 80/75 should give good response (with the right cam and stall). You just have to be careful with header diameter, T3/T4/Vband, and going too small on the hotside housing. Ya know, volumetric stuff. Like how 8psi from a big turbo is substantially more than 8psi on a small turbo.

Apologies to everyone else for turning this into a car forum.
That evo sounds wild. 700 HP on 4 cylinders is insane. I got it with bellhousing for 1800. I saw that years back and thought it was cool, but defeated the purpose. Its probably great for rally cross and road racing but for me it defeats the purpose, H pattern is harder, easier to F-up and that's ultimately what makes it so fun for me, thats how they did it in the 60's, and I want to pay homage to that. Yeah single monster 12 inch disc. Mcleod setup for 600-650 HP range. Ultimately a pretty forgiving clutch. Im gonna go ask cheap as they come with a set of eagle rods and wiseco pistons. Manley is probably better but unneeded for my power range. If I had money I would probably do the same as you, stroker turbo. Kind of a weird experiment but theoretically, if you smoothly downsized your piping going to the turbo, the air would flow faster and response would increase (same concept that lets us fly planes) And I never understood that concept. 8 PSI is 8 PSI, if there's a bigger turbo then there's more volume, but thats still in the same space so it would create the same pressure, meaning that its equally as backed up, restricted and compressed. Maybe that turbo is more efficient but im not sure.

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
That evo sounds wild. 700 HP on 4 cylinders is insane. I got it with bellhousing for 1800. I saw that years back and thought it was cool, but defeated the purpose. Its probably great for rally cross and road racing but for me it defeats the purpose, H pattern is harder, easier to F-up and that's ultimately what makes it so fun for me, thats how they did it in the 60's, and I want to pay homage to that. Yeah single monster 12 inch disc. Mcleod setup for 600-650 HP range. Ultimately a pretty forgiving clutch. Im gonna go ask cheap as they come with a set of eagle rods and wiseco pistons. Manley is probably better but unneeded for my power range. If I had money I would probably do the same as you, stroker turbo. Kind of a weird experiment but theoretically, if you smoothly downsized your piping going to the turbo, the air would flow faster and response would increase (same concept that lets us fly planes) And I never understood that concept. 8 PSI is 8 PSI, if there's a bigger turbo then there's more volume, but thats still in the same space so it would create the same pressure, meaning that its equally as backed up, restricted and compressed. Maybe that turbo is more efficient but im not sure.
The Evo was fun. It needed a 6 speed and I still don't understand why a 2015 didn't come with one (except the MR that was a DCT). AWD launches were a blast. From light to light, it was amazing but 60 rolls required lots of brake boosting to spool the 6262. The 5 speed did not have tall gears at all so it wasn't great after 130ish. The turbo streetbike was the ultimate hooning machine. I will never build one again... I like being alive.

You're not wrong. There's something about an H pattern that is just fun. I don't think I'd be capable of driving a sequential car without being a menace to society.
How's your pedal feel with a heavy single? I hated my ACT heavy single. I should have gone with a dual.
That's the plan, I was going to build the headers (I have a TIG) 1.75 to 3'' collector and taper down to 2.5 to fit the divided vband. Bernoulli's principal at its finest, just like you mentioned.

It's hard for me to describe but on my stock turbo with the Evo I was on 24psi through a 2'' outlet and 2.5'' intercooler piping but when I went 6262 on a 3'' outlet and IC piping I went from 350ish to 546hp on 24psi (in farness, that was with a built motor and 272 billet cams and the exhaust VVT deleted). On E98 I was on 32PSI. Its always just been explained to me as volume/ volumetric efficiency versus response and that's what it feels like in the seat. There's a lot to the Air Ratio of the impeller and excuser housings that will effect spool time, PSI, and efficiency. At a certainpoint a small turbo will create lots of boost there's a point where its blowing hotter air where the larger (more adiquatley sized) turbo will still be pushing cold air and not maxing itself out. By NO means am I an expert in this so take it all with trough of salt but this has been my experience with the cars I've owned, worked on, or built turbo components for.
And just got to the last thing you wrote: Yes, efficiency is the basic gist of what I was rambling about.

To the guys encouraging the distraction of car stuff, thank you. I'm sitting by the phone like loon because someone got called.

nefalexa

The Evo was fun. It needed a 6 speed and I still don't understand why a 2015 didn't come with one (except the MR that was a DCT). AWD launches were a blast. From light to light, it was amazing but 60 rolls required lots of brake boosting to spool the 6262. The 5 speed did not have tall gears at all so it wasn't great after 130ish. The turbo streetbike was the ultimate hooning machine. I will never build one again... I like being alive.

You're not wrong. There's something about an H pattern that is just fun. I don't think I'd be capable of driving a sequential car without being a menace to society.
How's your pedal feel with a heavy single? I hated my ACT heavy single. I should have gone with a dual.
That's the plan, I was going to build the headers (I have a TIG) 1.75 to 3'' collector and taper down to 2.5 to fit the divided vband. Bernoulli's principal at its finest, just like you mentioned.

It's hard for me to describe but on my stock turbo with the Evo I was on 24psi through a 2'' outlet and 2.5'' intercooler piping but when I went 6262 on a 3'' outlet and IC piping I went from 350ish to 546hp on 24psi (in farness, that was with a built motor and 272 billet cams and the exhaust VVT deleted). On E98 I was on 32PSI. Its always just been explained to me as volume/ volumetric efficiency versus response and that's what it feels like in the seat. There's a lot to the Air Ratio of the impeller and excuser housings that will effect spool time, PSI, and efficiency. At a certainpoint a small turbo will create lots of boost there's a point where its blowing hotter air where the larger (more adiquatley sized) turbo will still be pushing cold air and not maxing itself out. By NO means am I an expert in this so take it all with trough of salt but this has been my experience with the cars I've owned, worked on, or built turbo components for.
And just got to the last thing you wrote: Yes, efficiency is the basic gist of what I was rambling about.

To the guys encouraging the distraction of car stuff, thank you. I'm sitting by the phone like loon because someone got called.
Idk if I’m weird but reading this conversation is comforting

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
This isn't relevant to the car conversation, but I came across this video of Tiger I's and Tiger II's and thought it might interest some of y'all

The guy who made the video said he used real sound effects and overdubbed them onto the footage. I'm not entirely sure if the sounds at 0:40 are actually the 88mm firing, but it's close enough lol

I've seen videos of the 75mm PaK 40 being fired, so that might be where it came from

crt91

Imagine if he got a phone call from some random civilian he's never heard of asking for board results! LOL
That would actually be pretty funny. I can just imagine this dude confused, and then in a Batman-esque way ask "Did Air Warriors send you?!" Or at least that's how I'm imagining it...

68Chev

i guess that was around the time Mitsubishi was stopping production on manuals? AWD on unprepped road is a huge bonus. Around me there's some roads that are prepped for testing so we can still hookup. 6262 is on the bigger side for that setup. That's awesome. Yeah turbo street bikes are for the criminally insane. Roads by me are so good I actually broke the welds on my 12 bolt and spun the housing. So I got a braced ford 9 with 4.11's and 35 spline axles so my top speed is around 130 but it gets there so damn quick.

My pedal feel is actually light. My setup is hydraulic factory GM slave cylinder with Mcleod master so its just right. At first it was a workout, never thought id get sore from driving. You know how to TIG? yeah Bernoulli's principle, do you notice a faster spool?

And yeah I figured, PSI is essentially a measure of restriction of flow cause its pressure, So better heads = less restriction = less PSI = More power. Strange concept...

Also, what are you planning on running for ECU for the LS setup?

Last edited: