• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Has anyone ever gotten a pro rec n do not return for anything other than morals? Aka for no reason?
This is a tough one. Maybe if they applied a hand full of times with barely any changes to their package and poor scores and eventually were told don’t come back? If it’s happened I don’t think they’d be active on here to tell us lol

68Chev

Yup, that was the last year they made them. The car overall wasn't that awesome to be honest. The rear seat didn't fold because the washer reservoir and battery were mounded behind the back seat. All the value of the car was the engine, drivetrain, and seats. The turbo four cylinder world is cool but they don't make the dang near equal HP and TQ that a V8 or turbo V8 does. They aren't that strong off the bottom end.

Was that a full floater 12 bolt? if so, that's impressive! I'm not a big Ford fan but a 9'' is absolutely something they did right. As a kid (5-10) my Mom had a Transam WS6 (LS1) that my Dad had caged, Mosier 9'' swapped, and had a Garrett turbo on. No idea what gears were in it but the 9'' is a killer axle and holds power well.
Are you going to add track bars to help with pinion dive? Yup, driving in town with a heavy single destroyed my left leg. Every day was left leg day.

Yup, I can weld in all three processes, MIG, TIG, Stick. My Dad did 21 years in the Air Force as a fabricator/ sheetmetal so I learned from him at home and now that he's retired and only an hour away, I do all my projects there. The best tools there are the TIG and Plasma table. I use those weekly on various odd jobs like turbo piping, catch cans, mounting brackets, etc.
Haven't built the headers and whatnot yet but I'll be sure to let you know if I notice faster spool.

Right? There are lots of factors to flow and restriction and I left out that I went +1mm larger on the intake and exhaust valves. The goal was efficiency. Look into the Air Ratio associated with the induser and exducer on the turbo. You should be able to go a little larger without sacrificing spool time depending on the set up.

What ECU are you running?
Yeah I was never really a fan of them, to me they were too bulky and criminally underpowered. And not a full floater, it was just a factory 12 bolt with a posi. Nothing special. If you have access to a Plasma then you have the fabricators dream setup. What do you use for toolpath? Right now I'm using fusion for my Plasma toolpath. My jobs got a langmuir table.

At one point I had a precision 76 mm for faster spool because the main body is so small and it had a .91 AR so it was super tight for a 6.0. I wanted it to spool really quick.

I've got a holley Terminator hooked up to a 6.86 touchscreen dash for my gauges and engine vitals. I would recommend their stuff over the fuel tech because it has more tech support from other users. And it's plug and play with LS stuff. Just have to choose the tooth right reluctor wheel and injector plugs. If you're gonna do a 4L80E then u will have to get the terminator X Max for transmission control but I would recommend going to a built th400 so you don't have to run that.

crt91

If I'm correct it's a Waco Biplane...absolutely gorgeous and you can go for a 30-45 min ride in it.
There’s a Flying Circus in Virginia that offers rides like that. My dad has a friend that flies his Stearman at the circus and I was lucky enough to get the last ride of the day one time, and that was the ultimate flying experience. Open cockpit doing loops and rolls, no better feeling in my opinion

68Chev

There’s a Flying Circus in Virginia that offers rides like that. My dad has a friend that flies his Stearman at the circus and I was lucky enough to get the last ride of the day one time, and that was the ultimate flying experience. Open cockpit doing loops and rolls, no better feeling in my opinion
That sounds awesome. Probably smelled great too. I live on an island so they take us over other ocean when they do maneuvers. Probably feels and smells great. I'm sold. I'm gonna do it when it gets warmer!

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
Yeah I was never really a fan of them, to me they were too bulky and criminally underpowered. And not a full floater, it was just a factory 12 bolt with a posi. Nothing special. If you have access to a Plasma then you have the fabricators dream setup. What do you use for toolpath? Right now I'm using fusion for my Plasma toolpath. My jobs got a langmuir table.

At one point I had a precision 76 mm for faster spool because the main body is so small and it had a .91 AR so it was super tight for a 6.0. I wanted it to spool really quick.

I've got a holley Terminator hooked up to a 6.86 touchscreen dash for my gauges and engine vitals. I would recommend their stuff over the fuel tech because it has more tech support from other users. And it's plug and play with LS stuff. Just have to choose the tooth right reluctor wheel and injector plugs. If you're gonna do a 4L80E then u will have to get the terminator X Max for transmission control but I would recommend going to a built th400 so you don't have to run that.
I was going to be impressed if you broke a FF 12 bolt.
Ya, the plasma is a Premier 4X4 with a Hypertherm 85. I use Autocad and Shapr3d (student license hasn't run out yet) for making the .DXF and I believe it uses Sheetcam. Its a super mediocre program and is not the most user friendly but it gets the job done. I'm sure it will let me edit the tool path order but I haven't figured out how to do it without causing some strange failure somewhere else. I don't hand cut with the shear or angle grinder anymore. As I'm sure you know, its so much faster to draw it up, burn it, and prep from there.
How do you like langmuir?

I'm guessing you had full boost by 3200-4000rpm with that turbo?

Good to know, I was looking into the Fi Tech setup because its a bit cheaper but was still thinking of Holley due to everything you can do with them. Even on my Dad's Sniper running an On3 Performance 78mm the user interface is great and even someone like me with very minimal tuning experience can safely start tuning drivability and WOT.
I currently have a fresh 700R4 and I go back and forth on 4/6L80E or a TH400. Simplicity versus being able to run boost by gear and launch control.

68Chev

I was going to be impressed if you broke a FF 12 bolt.
Ya, the plasma is a Premier 4X4 with a Hypertherm 85. I use Autocad and Shapr3d (student license hasn't run out yet) for making the .DXF and I believe it uses Sheetcam. Its a super mediocre program and is not the most user friendly but it gets the job done. I'm sure it will let me edit the tool path order but I haven't figured out how to do it without causing some strange failure somewhere else. I don't hand cut with the shear or angle grinder anymore. As I'm sure you know, its so much faster to draw it up, burn it, and prep from there.
How do you like langmuir?

I'm guessing you had full boost by 3200-4000rpm with that turbo?

Good to know, I was looking into the Fi Tech setup because its a bit cheaper but was still thinking of Holley due to everything you can do with them. Even on my Dad's Sniper running an On3 Performance 78mm the user interface is great and even someone like me with very minimal tuning experience can safely start tuning drivability and WOT.
I currently have a fresh 700R4 and I go back and forth on 4/6L80E or a TH400. Simplicity versus being able to run boost by gear and launch control.
Yeah no Fi tech was a great option years ago but holleys stuff is so well integrated across every aspect, it's just too easy. I haven't had a chance to get into it yet. The voltage regulator is finicky and we haven't gotten to a point where we can use it yet but I just finished the table fill and drain. I designed the drains and 3d printed them, hooked them up to two tanks with a filter and a pump and the bed fills and drains beautifully.

I would go with a build th400. I haven't seen a 700r4 withstand the power you're aiming for. You can get a transbrake in a th400 so launching will be great.

Tgonzo29

Attended I/ITSEC this weekend and saw a lot of the mixed virtual reality simulators that they are trying to integrate into training at CNATRA. Absolutely fascinating and eye opening stuff.

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
Yeah no Fi tech was a great option years ago but holleys stuff is so well integrated across every aspect, it's just too easy. I haven't had a chance to get into it yet. The voltage regulator is finicky and we haven't gotten to a point where we can use it yet but I just finished the table fill and drain. I designed the drains and 3d printed them, hooked them up to two tanks with a filter and a pump and the bed fills and drains beautifully.

I would go with a build th400. I haven't seen a 700r4 withstand the power you're aiming for. You can get a transbrake in a th400 so launching will be great.
Ah I see. My Dad had some issues with his out of the box too. the torch height controller had a finicky wire and I had a driver for one of the motors just stop working one day. That's a great idea! The one I use has a water bed but we haven't put the solution and water in yet for two reasons; 1) were in the PNW so it was 15 degrees in the shop before we starter a fire. 2) I've been doing lots of aluminum and I've read it cuts better with no fluid underneath to get kicked up.
Do you have pictures of your drain and tank system? That's a great idea! I feel silly for not thinking of something similar. What 3D printer are you using? I recently got an Ender 3 V2 NEO and its been great for the pricepoint. I've made fuel filter brackets, pie cut jigs, centerline markers for pipe, basically tools to make tube and pipe work faster and more efficient.

Transbrake would be neat but if I run an EBCS, I can do boost by gear, andtilag, and dial in the 1st gear boost and the shiftpoints.