• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

nefalexa

Thats awesome to hear, Most people would just chalk it up to broken and walk away.
I had to fight Subaru dealership on it. Brand new crosstrek with 18k miles on it, was feeding her premium for a while too. On acceleration it was just really consistent sound that I’m having again with my current crosstrek (20k miles). Say what you want, yes 152 hp and a 2.0L engine ain’t enough for that fatty, but I just love the way it sits and how much it fits. They need to fix the damn gaskets in those cars, they’re awesome dailies.

FloridaDad

i guess that was around the time Mitsubishi was stopping production on manuals? AWD on unprepped road is a huge bonus. Around me there's some roads that are prepped for testing so we can still hookup. 6262 is on the bigger side for that setup. That's awesome. Yeah turbo street bikes are for the criminally insane. Roads by me are so good I actually broke the welds on my 12 bolt and spun the housing. So I got a braced ford 9 with 4.11's and 35 spline axles so my top speed is around 130 but it gets there so damn quick.

My pedal feel is actually light. My setup is hydraulic factory GM slave cylinder with Mcleod master so its just right. At first it was a workout, never thought id get sore from driving. You know how to TIG? yeah Bernoulli's principle, do you notice a faster spool?

And yeah I figured, PSI is essentially a measure of restriction of flow cause its pressure, So better heads = less restriction = less PSI = More power. Strange concept...

Also, what are you planning on running for ECU for the LS setup?
This is what I just heard:

cjwinton01

SNA Pro-Rec Y
This isn't relevant to the car conversation, but I came across this video of Tiger I's and Tiger II's and thought it might interest some of y'all

The guy who made the video said he used real sound effects and overdubbed them onto the footage. I'm not entirely sure if the sounds at 0:40 are actually the 88mm firing, but it's close enough lol

I've seen videos of the 75mm PaK 40 being fired, so that might be where it came from
war thunder?

Austinson

SNA Selected 08 Sept. - 3rd Submission
i guess that was around the time Mitsubishi was stopping production on manuals? AWD on unprepped road is a huge bonus. Around me there's some roads that are prepped for testing so we can still hookup. 6262 is on the bigger side for that setup. That's awesome. Yeah turbo street bikes are for the criminally insane. Roads by me are so good I actually broke the welds on my 12 bolt and spun the housing. So I got a braced ford 9 with 4.11's and 35 spline axles so my top speed is around 130 but it gets there so damn quick.

My pedal feel is actually light. My setup is hydraulic factory GM slave cylinder with Mcleod master so its just right. At first it was a workout, never thought id get sore from driving. You know how to TIG? yeah Bernoulli's principle, do you notice a faster spool?

And yeah I figured, PSI is essentially a measure of restriction of flow cause its pressure, So better heads = less restriction = less PSI = More power. Strange concept...
Yup, that was the last year they made them. The car overall wasn't that awesome to be honest. The rear seat didn't fold because the washer reservoir and battery were mounded behind the back seat. All the value of the car was the engine, drivetrain, and seats. The turbo four cylinder world is cool but they don't make the dang near equal HP and TQ that a V8 or turbo V8 does. They aren't that strong off the bottom end.

Was that a full floater 12 bolt? if so, that's impressive! I'm not a big Ford fan but a 9'' is absolutely something they did right. As a kid (5-10) my Mom had a Transam WS6 (LS1) that my Dad had caged, Mosier 9'' swapped, and had a Garrett turbo on. No idea what gears were in it but the 9'' is a killer axle and holds power well.
Are you going to add track bars to help with pinion dive? Yup, driving in town with a heavy single destroyed my left leg. Every day was left leg day.

Yup, I can weld in all three processes, MIG, TIG, Stick. My Dad did 21 years in the Air Force as a fabricator/ sheetmetal so I learned from him at home and now that he's retired and only an hour away, I do all my projects there. The best tools there are the TIG and Plasma table. I use those weekly on various odd jobs like turbo piping, catch cans, mounting brackets, etc.
Haven't built the headers and whatnot yet but I'll be sure to let you know if I notice faster spool.

Right? There are lots of factors to flow and restriction and I left out that I went +1mm larger on the intake and exhaust valves. The goal was efficiency. Look into the Air Ratio associated with the induser and exducer on the turbo. You should be able to go a little larger without sacrificing spool time depending on the set up.

What ECU are you running?

68Chev

I had to fight Subaru dealership on it. Brand new crosstrek with 18k miles on it, was feeding her premium for a while too. On acceleration it was just really consistent sound that I’m having again with my current crosstrek (20k miles). Say what you want, yes 152 hp and a 2.0L engine ain’t enough for that fatty, but I just love the way it sits and how much it fits. They need to fix the damn gaskets in those cars, they’re awesome dailies.
Hey, that Subaru can go places my car cant and I'm definitely jealous of that. But a little bit more power couldn't hurt :)