• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

afwx

Booyahkah
Just got notified.................SWO! My recruiter was on leave but called me at work to let me know. My Capt made me announce it to the operations floor. What a surreal feeling though................................I'm smiling from ear to ear but it still doesn't feel real.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
I tend to lurk, but today I am just going to dumb the stats...

26/m non-prior; UC Berkeley double major: anthropology and philosophy; GPA: 3.35.
53 6/6/6
San Diego NRD, but worked out of the Seal Beach office

Got selected today for NFO/SWO, I was gunning for SNA but it is what it is.

Congrats to all that were selected, and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Did any non-science people get selected for SNA? The last board seemed a lot less competitive from what I'm seeing.

I had 3.3 with 6/6/7 54 and two B.S. degrees (chemistry and epidemiology) and didn't get SNA. Whatever, dude...it is for the best, man. Either way, we still will learn how to fly (We learn in API on the same Texan).

My plan was long haul. 20 years and retirement.

WilliamC

SNA API Current
I am a Political Science Major Graduating tomorrow. I was pro rec'd SNA and my GPA was 2.77, but my worst grades were 6 years ago and they were in Mechanical Engineering. I guess this is one of those that makes you scratch your head huh NavyOffRec? I couldn't be more surprised and stoked about hearing the news, and happy that I will be in OCS and flight school with some damn fine people!

exNavyOffRec

I am a Political Science Major Graduating tomorrow. I was pro rec'd SNA and my GPA was 2.77, but my worst grades were 6 years ago and they were in Mechanical Engineering. I guess this is one of those that makes you scratch your head huh NavyOffRec? I couldn't be more surprised and stoked about hearing the news, and happy that I will be in OCS and flight school with some damn fine people!

I would say you are a rare one, someone took the time to look at your grades, that and from what I hear the selection % was high, one of my contacts said they only had one person from this board that was a non select.

Grantspec

Pro-Rec SNA/NFO
Congrats to everyone! Such an incredible feeling. Looking forward to meeting you all in OCS, primary, advanced, and in the fleet.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
^Yeah, if I don't hear from my recruiter by lunchtime tomorrow, I'll probably cave in and give him a call

WilliamC

SNA API Current
I would say you are a rare one, someone took the time to look at your grades, that and from what I hear the selection % was high, one of my contacts said they only had one person from this board that was a non select.
I am well aware of the opportunity that's been given to me. I knew that being before this board was good timing and I won't let the Navy down. Can't wait to meet you all!

exNavyOffRec

I am well aware of the opportunity that's been given to me. I knew that being before this board was good timing and I won't let the Navy down. Can't wait to meet you all!

yes, and now your stats don't matter, you are on an even playing field

and go buy a lottery ticket, luck is with you today!

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
I tend to lurk, but today I am just going to dumb the stats...

26/m non-prior; UC Berkeley double major: anthropology and philosophy; GPA: 3.35.
53 6/6/6
San Diego NRD, but worked out of the Seal Beach office

Got selected today for NFO/SWO, I was gunning for SNA but it is what it is.

Congrats to all that were selected, and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Did any non-science people get selected for SNA? The last board seemed a lot less competitive from what I'm seeing.

Got sna finance and banking BBA

I failed to mention earlier that my recruiter also told me he was going to be out of the office tomorrow. If I can't get in touch with someone in Richmond, I will be waiting until Monday for my results. :( My OR pressed the January issue again though. He asked me if I'd be ready to leave. And then his exact words were, "Well, I don't know what they're doing with SWOs just yet. They're going to get the pilots and NFOs in ASAP." Like everyone's been saying, nothing's really real unless it's on paper.

I really hope I can get a hold of someone with some info tomorrow. I'd hate to carry this anxiety with me for 3 more days. :eek: