• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

JH88

Pro Rec NFO
So I've been collecting data on this board, thanks for sharing your stats. NavyOffRec says he thinks there were a few SNA selects with 6s on their PFAR, but everyone I've seen on here at at least a 7. There were some SNFO selects with test scores like yours, but they had higher AORs and GPAs. Make sure you check out the ASTB forum on here and get all the good gouge, and avoid the Barron's book. I regret not going on there and just using that crappy book.

I'm thinking about starting a separate thread where stats from different boards can be posted so that we have an idea of what scores look good depending on the selectivity of said board. This one was supposedly a bit less selective than usual.

I found out today that I was pro rec'd for NFO/SWO! You can add these stats to your data

GPA-3.5 (History and Sociology)
ASTB-6/7/6 58
Rec's-Congressman, Navy O-6, employers

drummehr

Pro Rec SNA NFO Dec 2012
You mean MEPS... for flight physical? Otherwise you got me worried.

Originally I was applying to the Marine Corps until they had informed me that boards for fiscal year 2013 were cancelled. When I found this out I had already flown to Pensacola for a flight physical and was approved. I gave that flight physical to my Navy recruiter, explaining my situation, and was told it would not be accepted for some odd reason and had to redo it. That's what I was told I was doing on the 19th. Maybe something was lost in translation and it is in fact MEPS. I'll need to double check now...

exNavyOffRec

Yes, I agree. The only LOR I had for this last board was from a O-5 pilot who was on my crew and he was my Department Head for two years. Im getting another LOR from an O-5 NFO who was on my crew as well, for the March board. Not sure how much it will help, but I think it's better than nothing.

Whats wrong with the Barorns book? (smiling as I slide my Barrons book off the table into trash can). Hahahah

Anybody have a link to the ASTB thread with the PDF gouge? I have bits a pieces of it, but i thought someone put it altogether on a PDF, I could be wrong though.

Are you Active? If so get more Interview Appraisals and work on your GPA as well as ASTB.

exNavyOffRec

Originally I was applying to the Marine Corps until they had informed me that boards for fiscal year 2013 were cancelled. When I found this out I had already flown to Pensacola for a flight physical and was approved. I gave that flight physical to my Navy recruiter, explaining my situation, and was told it would not be accepted for some odd reason and had to redo it. That's what I was told I was doing on the 19th. Maybe something was lost in translation and it is in fact MEPS. I'll need to double check now...

That is strange since I have sent many physicals to N3M that were done at Pensacola for the same circumstances, and N3M took them.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I found out today that I was pro rec'd for NFO/SWO! You can add these stats to your data

GPA-3.5 (History and Sociology)
ASTB-6/7/6 58
Rec's-Congressman, Navy O-6, employers

Congrats!

Thanks, did you go for SNA as well? Don't mean to be a stick in the mud, just trying to get accurate data.

Mark Hamilton

Pro-rec NFO
NavyOffRec- Any info on the CEC Board set for jan 13? I pro'recd for NFO last week but also have my package in for CEC with CEC listed as top priority. Any idea if CEC selects would be shipping to ocs any time soon?

3.01 gpa, Eit certificate, international engineering research experience, president of cycling team, triathlete, 6 year ocean lifeguard, currently employed (7 months) with a consulting municipal engineering firm.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec- Any info on the CEC Board set for jan 13? I pro'recd for NFO last week but also have my package in for CEC with CEC listed as top priority. Any idea if CEC selects would be shipping to ocs any time soon?

3.01 gpa, Eit certificate, international engineering research experience, president of cycling team, triathlete, 6 year ocean lifeguard, currently employed (7 months) with a consulting municipal engineering firm.

When a person ships has many variables, it includes when you put as your date available, when spots are available, and the situation of others waiting.

If you put CEC ast #1 they will not process you for NFO until after the results of the CEC board.

nombrescreeno

It seems that almost all of the non selects were priors, and going for SWO.

Tricky to tell with priors too since they also valuate your service record, interviews, etc. which have a lot more variability

Definitely seems like the ASTB scores were a big big deal for SNA this board though. Some folks got 6's on the PFAR but got SNFO instead

exNavyOffRec

Tricky to tell with priors too since they also valuate your service record, interviews, etc. which have a lot more variability

Definitely seems like the ASTB scores were a big big deal for SNA this board though. Some folks got 6's on the PFAR but got SNFO instead

In regard to priors they only look at the last 3 years of evaluations, awards, and NJP's so they just see a snapshot, but alot can be said, or not said in evaluations.

BMW_Z4_Rules

NavyOffRec, i have a question about processing. I applied for SNA, supply and intel. They said since i was already accepted for SNA i could withdraw from supply and intel and that would speed up processing. Does this mean if i leave supply and intel in.... that they wont set the FS for SNA until i get results from those boards?

I ask because i am trying to buy time.... i just got the PQ letter. My recruiter seems to think it will be 3 months to get the FS and then another 2-3 months before i ship out. I asked if i could get PRK this week... wait 6 months.... get another eye exam... submit it for a waiver.. and try and get it all before my OCS leave date. He seems to think it may be possible. I am going to do another eye exam tomorrow with my own doctor.. i believe my eyesight has gotten worse since i did meps.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
In regard to priors they only look at the last 3 years of evaluations, awards, and NJP's so they just see a snapshot, but alot can be said, or not said in evaluations.
NavyOffRec, if you have more than three years of evaluations, would you recommend submitting more than three evaluations with one's package; or is this considered not to be "following directions" or paying "attention to detail?"

afwx

Booyahkah
NavyOffRec, if you have more than three years of evaluations, would you recommend submitting more than three evaluations with one's package; or is this considered not to be "following directions" or paying "attention to detail?"

I submitted 8 years worth of enlisted performance reports, but I am not USN, and I got pro-rec'd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2