• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I submitted 8 years worth of enlisted performance reports, but I am not USN, and I got pro-rec'd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Afwx, I appreciate that insight... I also have eight years of evaluations and wanted to submit all of them to show growth and progression. Congratulations on getting Pro. Rec'd...

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, if you have more than three years of evaluations, would you recommend submitting more than three evaluations with one's package; or is this considered not to be "following directions" or paying "attention to detail?"

Submit all, since it is the recruiter submitting them it is on him, not you.

WilliamC

SNA API Current
Just saw my recruiter who told me I have an official class date of Jan 27th. I'll swear in on the 8th (after their holiday stand down is over).

Also an update... I was also selected NFO as well as SNA. I didn't ask before. My recruiter knew my preference.
So LFCFan you can update your stats.

crkemt

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS 27JAN2012
Just saw my recruiter who told me I have an official class date of Jan 27th. I'll swear in on the 8th (after their holiday stand down is over).

Also an update... I was also selected NFO as well as SNA. I didn't ask before. My recruiter knew my preference.

Great News William!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!! I talked to my recruiter today who said that the paperwork had been sent to the Division Director yesterday, and that he hopes to have it soon. Not sure what that means, but I hope I am still on track to head off with you!

ssmit255

William, did you just give your recruiter a call or did he contact you? When I was called about the pro-rec my OR (I'm NRD Atlanta) told me to still be heads up for the 06 Jan class, and that's starting to cut it really close for whether or not I'll know. Also do you know if the stand-down started yesterday 12/17, country-wide? NavyOffRec can answer that as well i'm sure...My paperwork for the background investigation and MEPS PQ letters were all sent off later October and i'm also not really sure about how long the process takes.

Anyway, congrats on the news!

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
William, did you just give your recruiter a call or did he contact you? When I was called about the pro-rec my OR (I'm NRD Atlanta) told me to still be heads up for the 06 Jan class, and that's starting to cut it really close for whether or not I'll know. Also do you know if the stand-down started yesterday 12/17, country-wide? NavyOffRec can answer that as well i'm sure...My paperwork for the background investigation and MEPS PQ letters were all sent off later October and i'm also not really sure about how long the process takes.

My processor told me that security paperwork stuff just has to be open, not completed, for you to go to OCS. He said that my paperwork probably wouldn't be opened until after the stand down, so that 1/6 was off the table.

exNavyOffRec

Correct, investigation just has to be "open"

My friends are on stand down now so yes it is on, every NRD runs it a bit different.

end of Jan is possible, but remember only about 50 per class, and they already had people with that OCS date so not all will be going soon.

WilliamC

SNA API Current
Great News William!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!! I talked to my recruiter today who said that the paperwork had been sent to the Division Director yesterday, and that he hopes to have it soon. Not sure what that means, but I hope I am still on track to head off with you!

When I saw my recruiter this morning he said my paperwork was "on the Division Director's desk"... And I am not exactly sure what that means either.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012

I am also out of NRD atlanta. Do you have a chief working on your papers?

exNavyOffRec

When I saw my recruiter this morning he said my paperwork was "on the Division Director's desk"... And I am not exactly sure what that means either.

That means in the system it has gone to the next level, this does not mean that it is actually on his desk, but ready for him to review, if it is truly at his level you have already been assigned an OCS date that is visible in CIRIMS, if your OR cannot see this date then it isn't really at that step.

WilliamC

SNA API Current
That means in the system it has gone to the next level, this does not mean that it is actually on his desk, but ready for him to review, if it is truly at his level you have already been assigned an OCS date that is visible in CIRIMS, if your OR cannot see this date then it isn't really at that step.

Yes, my OR said that my class date was official.

exNavyOffRec

Yes, my OR said that my class date was official.

So that means it is at the next level, what they do next is sign the letter, then it is "released" that allows orders to be cut and flight arrangements to be made.

I have seen letters get released a few days after going to this step, or sit for several weeks.

exNavyOffRec

So that means it is at the next level, what they do next is sign the letter, then it is "released" that allows orders to be cut and flight arrangements to be made.

I have seen letters get released a few days after going to this step, or sit for several weeks.

FYI, nothing is "official" at this point until the letter is released, I have seen about a dozen cases where dates were changed after the date was in CIRIMS but before the letter was actually signed.

nelson0216

Can the AD guys can find out class dates in CIRIMS?