• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Can the AD guys can find out class dates in CIRIMS?

If there is anyone reading this who has access to CIRIMS, please let me know. My recruiter is out of town, and due to the contractual nature of the work I do right now I need to tell them by Friday if I'll be back in the spring.

BleedGreen

pilot
If there is anyone reading this who has access to CIRIMS, please let me know. My recruiter is out of town, and due to the contractual nature of the work I do right now I need to tell them by Friday if I'll be back in the spring.

I hate to say it but why not tell them you will be back and then put in your two weeks once you get your date. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, I am a seasonal employee and have to reapply each year. My supervisors and crew members are like family to me but in the event of selection I'm prepared to put in my two weeks.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
I hate to say it but why not tell them you will be back and then put in your two weeks once you get your date. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, I am a seasonal employee and have to reapply each year. My supervisors and crew members are like family to me but in the event of selection I'm prepared to put in my two weeks.

I am also in this predicament. I don't want to tell my boss early and not have a job... My job is salaried but I was hired back in September so I feel bad leaving. Either way I'm willing to be fired and kicked out for this opportunity.

exNavyOffRec

I would not say anything until you have a FS letter in hand, things do happen before the FS letters are actually sent to the NRD's, you don't want to be that person that puts in their notice, then has the date changed.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I would not say anything until you have a FS letter in hand, things do happen before the FS letters are actually sent to the NRD's, you don't want to be that person that puts in their notice, then has the date changed.

The problem is that my job is being a graduate student. So I'm enrolled in courses (just nongraded research hours at this point), and have to teach or TA a class. Fortunately I'm just set to TA this semester regardless, but it isn't as simple as handing in my two weeks notice. Said teaching stuff pays the tuition, and if I leave that might mean I owe them a few grand on those credits because my FS letter didn't arrive. And the added bit of pressure is that my department will have to hire someone from a related field if I go in January, which just complicates things further. Normally it would be like "Well, that big freshman class can do with 5 TAs instead of 6" but right now I'm the one TA assigned to a certain class AND they'd have to do this hiring out thing.

I emailed a recruiter who's contact info I was given, I'll see if he can give me any info.

exNavyOffRec

The problem is that my job is being a graduate student. So I'm enrolled in courses (just nongraded research hours at this point), and have to teach or TA a class. Fortunately I'm just set to TA this semester regardless, but it isn't as simple as handing in my two weeks notice. Said teaching stuff pays the tuition, and if I leave that might mean I owe them a few grand on those credits because my FS letter didn't arrive. And the added bit of pressure is that my department will have to hire someone from a related field if I go in January, which just complicates things further. Normally it would be like "Well, that big freshman class can do with 5 TAs instead of 6" but right now I'm the one TA assigned to a certain class AND they'd have to do this hiring out thing.

I emailed a recruiter who's contact info I was given, I'll see if he can give me any info.

What was the date available you put on your application?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
What was the date available you put on your application?

I put 6/1 because I didn't think that I'd have an OCS date until later in the spring, and then told my recruiter that 1/27 would be ok when he called me about it a few weeks ago. Now he is out of town and won't be back in the office until Friday, which is when I have to give a final answer to the department.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012

That is exactly what I plan on doing.... sitting around without a job and no OCS class date in sight would be a huge bummer.

exNavyOffRec

I put 6/1 because I didn't think that I'd have an OCS date until later in the spring, and then told my recruiter that 1/27 would be ok when he called me about it a few weeks ago. Now he is out of town and won't be back in the office until Friday, which is when I have to give a final answer to the department.

It is very rare they will take word of mouth since it can bit them in the ass, if you had sent a signed letter I would say you could feel confident in letting them know, especially since even if you go in Feb or March that would still be in the middle of the classes, correct?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
It is very rare they will take word of mouth since it can bit them in the ass, if you had sent a signed letter I would say you could feel confident in letting them know, especially since even if you go in Feb or March that would still be in the middle of the classes, correct?

Feb or March is still the middle of classes, yes. I'm willing to write a signed letter if need be, but I don't know what good it would do between now and Friday since NRC has stood down.

exNavyOffRec

If you sign a letter saying you can go early even if you don't go in Jan, you could go before June, and make it seem like you are doing your recruiter a favor, such as "just to make sure you have a good paper trail here is my signed letter letting you know I can go anytime"

crkemt

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS 27JAN2012
I'm sitting in the same boat as everyone. . . I am permanent employee and don't want to get shafted if dates get changed. . . The Processing Lead for the district called me and said that in the "system" I am slotted for 27 Jan, and that he is 95% sure I will be going then. He even offered to give me a letter saying this. He reminded me that occasionally things change, but he isn't expecting that to be the case. . . My goal was to put in my 2 weeks next Friday, that way I have 2 weeks to see family/friends and make my voyage to OCS. . . Hopefully the holiday slow down doesn't throw a wrench in the planning!

zianac

Extra awesome
None
I'm sitting in the same boat as everyone. . . I am permanent employee and don't want to get shafted if dates get changed. . . The Processing Lead for the district called me and said that in the "system" I am slotted for 27 Jan, and that he is 95% sure I will be going then. He even offered to give me a letter saying this. He reminded me that occasionally things change, but he isn't expecting that to be the case. . . My goal was to put in my 2 weeks next Friday, that way I have 2 weeks to see family/friends and make my voyage to OCS. . . Hopefully the holiday slow down doesn't throw a wrench in the planning!

Honestly, I'd wait until you get your orders before you put in your 2 weeks... Even if your recruiter is positive, having your orders in hand will give you the piece of mind actually knowing 100% instead of 90%. Giving your employer a 2 week notice is only a courtesy, so it is by no means necessary. The last thing anyone wants is for you to have to wait an extra 4 weeks or more without a job to class up.

I'm iffy on this situation too, but I sort of lucked out. I work for an accountant, and of course tax season is the busiest time of the year. I got picked up for a full time position 2 weeks before I found out I got the pro-rec. Luckily, my boss has a son that is a Naval Aviator, so I think he's pretty understanding. It wasn't exactly easy to break it to him that I might be leaving during our busiest time of the year though. Unlike most of you, I'm really hoping I get either an April or May date. Of course, I'll take whatever they send my way!

TolgaK

PRO REC SNA!
I'm iffy on this situation too, but I sort of lucked out.

My boss locally was a RIO, the higher up I really report to wants me to stick around but is happy for me. I lucked out as well. A lot of companies in this day and age will fire people on the spot after hearing of their future plans. It's nice to know there are bosses that don't mind us pursuing our dreams.