• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese sub surprises Navy

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Pardon my bitchin' Wink, I'm just another dinosaur longing for the good ole days.

Strange though, beer really takes the edge off.

Yes, I'm talking about you too Rob.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did it really happen...in 2007?

Not the first time it's happened. About the same time last year I was on the Kitty Hawk while a Song was following us around. It was pretty scary actually to see how close they got without us knowing.

Anyone notice that the only source reporting and being quoted on this incident is the Daily Mail, which is a tabloid type* newspaper in Brit style. If you Google USS Kitty Hawk + Chinese Sub, the only real news is from almost exactly a year ago whereas all current reporting is the Daily Mail or other newspapers quoting the Daily Mail article, some of which quote Admiral Fallon as PACOM on the incident, which is clearly a year ago.

* Top new items for today: Mistress stabs Muslim lover's pregnant wife, Asian Flu epidemic threatens 5 million festive birds, Suicide, Ghost planes, blah, blah, blah. etc.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pardon my bitchin' Wink, I'm just another dinosaur longing for the good ole days.

Strange though, beer really takes the edge off.
No worries. Just came up stairs with my own beer in hand thinking I'd go another round and found I just didn't have it in me either.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Wow, with all the abbreviations in this thread I really have no idea wtf anyone is talking about.

I agree... I did a Google news search, and the story only pops up a couple times on less than reputable news agencies. Also, if you read the articles from last year and the new ones, the details are almost exactly the same.

Possibly because the incidents were almost exactly the same?

BourneID

pilot
Well if you are interested in HLF, we can have that coversation, but if these Guys are "SNEAKING UP" I doubt that will be a viable option to use to locate them.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, with all the abbreviations in this thread I really have no idea wtf anyone is talking about.
The situation is degenerating into CHAOS = Cumulative High-Frequency Acronym Overexposure Syndrome. :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One incident or two? 2006 or 2006+2007?

Possibly because the incidents were almost exactly the same?

Nope, it's one incident from 2006. Daily Mail has republished last year's episode amidst its daily drivel. Only other reporting is repeating what Daily Mail wrote. Amazing how many website forums aren't looking closer at source and accuracy. Daily Mail doesn't seem to care likely because they get lots of hits from it

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, it's one incident from 2006. Daily Mail has republished last year's episode amidst its daily drivel. Only other reporting is repeating what Daily Mail wrote. Amazing how many website forums aren't looking closer at source and accuracy. Daily Mail doesn't seem to care likely because they get lots of hits from it
Worse, some US main stream media, to include TV have repeated it as a new event.