• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Lemwolf

My OR told me they would not give him the scores, they gave them to the processor, all he said it was good. He said they want disclose anything. I can ask to see if the processor will tell me. Yes, I did have a CDR, Captain and LCDR review my motivational statement.

exNavyOffRec

My OR told me they would not give him the scores, they gave them to the processor, all he said it was good. He said they want disclose anything. I can ask to see if the processor will tell me. Yes, I did have a CDR, Captain and LCDR review my motivational statement.
It could be your degree, scores, or civilian job.

Things I saw in the past and this doesn't mean it is always like this. Must have 10's to get selected, Must be working a civilian job in the field they are trying to commission in. Must have a degree that is aligned to the field they are trying to commission in.

I would see if the processor will let you know if you had all 10's, if you did then it could be that the others just were overall better.

Lemwolf

Okay,
Thanks I texted my OR, and asked the processors what my scores etc. I think I'm going to change my rate. They make it hard to convert but i believe it maybe the issue too. Honestly I'm considering switching branches. But thanks for your help, I just need to think what is my next move, alittle bit of feedback from the processor with help me with my final decision. Thanks again have a good 4th of July weekend

cjavi1147

I've been reading through this forum since last years supply DCO board. I was selected this time around. I'm not entirely sure if the board is as black and white as we may think. I'm a firefighter/engineer for a large metro FD with 10 years on the job. I am 2 courses shy of getting my masters in public administration and have been in the AF reserves for the past 13 years, in the medical field. My recruiter even mentioned to me that I wasn't going to be all that competitive, but I figured I'd give it another shot and continue trying. I spent quite a bit of time re-doing my CV and motivational statement for this years board. I had some of my mentors look through both and made the corrections they suggested. I think my motivational statement was very strong, along with my letters of recommendation. My recruiter didn't show me the interview results but from what he told me, I gathered that I had 2 excellent appraisals and one ok appraisal. I was shocked when I got the phone call from my recruiter and it still feels surreal. Had I not been chosen, I would have continued to apply until they would have flat out told me to stop and I believe I conveyed that during my interview. I would say keep trying and find a way to convey that you will not give up until you achieve your goals. At the end of the day, they are looking for naval officers, so leadership skills and having good interview/conversational skills may help out vastly. If you need anything or want to talk further, shoot me a pm.

exNavyOffRec

I've been reading through this forum since last years supply DCO board. I was selected this time around. I'm not entirely sure if the board is as black and white as we may think. I'm a firefighter/engineer for a large metro FD with 10 years on the job. I am 2 courses shy of getting my masters in public administration and have been in the AF reserves for the past 13 years, in the medical field. My recruiter even mentioned to me that I wasn't going to be all that competitive, but I figured I'd give it another shot and continue trying. I spent quite a bit of time re-doing my CV and motivational statement for this years board. I had some of my mentors look through both and made the corrections they suggested. I think my motivational statement was very strong, along with my letters of recommendation. My recruiter didn't show me the interview results but from what he told me, I gathered that I had 2 excellent appraisals and one ok appraisal. I was shocked when I got the phone call from my recruiter and it still feels surreal. Had I not been chosen, I would have continued to apply until they would have flat out told me to stop and I believe I conveyed that during my interview. I would say keep trying and find a way to convey that you will not give up until you achieve your goals. At the end of the day, they are looking for naval officers, so leadership skills and having good interview/conversational skills may help out vastly. If you need anything or want to talk further, shoot me a pm.
There are always the selects that come out of left field, the OIC could have written in his write up that you were the one person he wanted to join his unit, that would carry a lot of weight.

I saw a guy just out of college no experience just a BA in Finance who was picked up on his first try, never saw that again.

I have also seen a person who had 10's from 2 panel members but the senior member gave a 9 and put a comment he would like to see him have some more experience in his field, that application was dead on arrival to the board.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
There are always the selects that come out of left field, the OIC could have written in his write up that you were the one person he wanted to join his unit, that would carry a lot of weight.

I saw a guy just out of college no experience just a BA in Finance who was picked up on his first try, never saw that again.

I have also seen a person who had 10's from 2 panel members but the senior member gave a 9 and put a comment he would like to see him have some more experience in his field, that application was dead on arrival to the board.
Concur. With DCO, because there is no USNA/NROTC/OCS to filter out (attrite) applicants, the interviewers are the gatekeeper. They would rather make someone apply twice or three times than let in someone who isn’t ready or isn’t a fit. Don’t take it personally.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Every now and then there's a "unicorn" applicant who appears to be marginally qualified who does really well on the interviews and gets the PROREC Y.

On my end, I worked an Intel DCO applicant who had zero work experience doing intelligence. He was an elected county court judge (in a very remote/rural county), part time volunteer firefighter with a law degree/JD. He just wanted to serve and make a difference in a greater scope (i.e. his country). The interview panel and board ultimately liked the guy.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
On my end, I worked an Intel DCO applicant who had zero work experience doing intelligence. He was an elected county court judge (in a very remote/rural county), part time volunteer firefighter with a law degree/JD. He just wanted to serve and make a difference in a greater scope (i.e. his country). The interview panel and board ultimately liked the guy.
Not knowing this person, from your summary I could see why they picked him. He checks certain boxes. But I am guessing that this was outside of NRD (or NTAG, whatever) Richmond.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Not knowing this person, from your summary I could see why they picked him. He checks certain boxes. But I am guessing that this was outside of NRD (or NTAG, whatever) Richmond.

Yeah, nowhere near the Beltway (or east coast for that matter).

Of note, aside from the professional interviews and commissioning I could swear the guy only owned flannel clothing.

exNavyOffRec

Funny you mentioned that area, for years when a select list came out it had Richmond all over it, and many were already working in the Intel field.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Funny you mentioned that area, for years when a select list came out it had Richmond all over it, and many were already working in the Intel field.
Yes, bc it encompasses DC, Norfolk, and even some Ft Meade area applicants (who don’t know the wiser to apply thru Philly). Applying through Richmond is 42% harder to get selected than anywhere else, due to limited qty of OIC 100% scores. But if you make it through Richmond’s local boards, you’re generally very competitive nationally.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I’ll caveat my remarks to say I’m only referring to IWC DCO, due to IC agency/ Congressional concentration in DC. Not sure how the other DCO boards shake out.