• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DREAM SHEET -- '60's-'70's

DREAM Sheet -- Naval Air of the '60's/'70's

• Total voters

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Viola !!! ZUNI's on A-4's ... you even got a bonus of them launching off a USMC A-4 !! :) We had a thread a while back on that subject -- or at least some posts ...

You mean...:confused::icon_wink

viola.jpg

By the way...I am stunned that as many people want to fly the OV-10 as the A-1...who are you people!?!?!?!?:D

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
Well I managed to get my first choice :D

But as "Dandy Don" Meridith used to say "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts"

#1 - Spad
#2 - Phantom

Attachments

• 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 50

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I heard there are DEA contract jobs currently open flying OV-10's in exotic S. America.....pay wasn't quoted as being too shabby either

B

Blutonski816

I put F-8s for their fighter-ness...
Although my other choices would be A-6s, F-4s and A-4s... in no particular order

IF you were to ask me which one I'd take over the beach to say Haiphong... probably F-4 with half a dozen Mk82s, 4 Sidewinders and 4 sparrows...
Sure, no guns but at least I got 2 engines, 2 pairs of eyes, a big radar to make up for it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You mean...:confused::icon_wink

viola.jpg

O.K. .. O.K. ... it's "voila" ... my eyes/fingers crossed while typing .... bitch. :D

Main Entry:voi·là
Variant(s):eek:r voi·la \vwä-ˈlä\
Function:interjection
Etymology:French, literally, see there
Date:1739 —used to call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Time hack: 16:55 GMT/UTC 15/05/08

76 Attack

60 Fighter

20 VP/HELO/VAW/VAH/etc.

Interesting results ... almost like reality.

whalepelt

By the way, R.O........ why were the wingtips pointed up like that on the F-4? Spanwise flow?

Not to step on anyone's toes, but the upward 'kink' is there because they found out in flight testing that they needed more roll stability. Rather than re-engineer the whole wing, they just gave the folding segment a little dihedral.

Flugelman

Contributor
Props will prevail, other then the old farts how many have even heard a 3350 roar? :eek:

Or seen the glow of the PRT's at dusk, or spent an hour on postflight wipedown to clean off all the oil that big bastard spat...:icon_rage

MasterBates

Although the SeaSprite was better known as the LAMPS Mk1 aircraft, it originally was designed as a high-speed, long endurance SAR bird. Which compared to other helos of the day, it was.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Spads would be awesome...but Navy helos had some awesome missions...in addition to HAL-3, there was always:

Patch.gif

800px-HH-2C_HC-7.jpg

+1 for the H-2 and HC-7 acknowledgment.

My vote went to Helos because of HC-7 and HA(L)-3
and
F-8 because of The Gun.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I am suprised so few folks are in to the "whale"...... I would have picked the Crusader myself, but getting this beast aboard a 27C would have been pretty sporty too.

A-3_Warrior.jpg