• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-16 pilot angers civilian pilot

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
As for the Luke Viperpilot's response, he is starting to sound like the asshat who complained in the first place.

I sense bitterness in his tone, but I'm willing to cut him some slack for having his community dragged through all this public press and most likely losing a lot of free time and after hours fighting this thing that should have never happened.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wink,

I wish I were kidding. You haven't met some of my in-laws and ex-in-laws. There are plenty of American who will be voting for Hillary/Obama that are more than glad to cleave on to any disparaging news about our service.
I know it is out there. Everything is perspective I guess. My spouse is a lawyer, so I personally know what they can be like as a group, let alone how they are viewed by the public. And I live in a red state with a fair amount of USAF presence. I just haven't seen very much of what you have.

mb1k

pilot
None
I know it is out there. Everything is perspective I guess. My spouse is a lawyer, so I personally know what they can be like as a group, let alone how they are viewed by the public. And I live in a red state with a fair amount of USAF presence. I just haven't seen very much of what you have.

My wife's a paralegal and everyone in her firm was more than happy to talk to me and thank me for doing what I did. But in south Texas I think nationalism and patriotism is the norm. That is... unless you live in Austin, the Berkley of the South.

DixieTexian

My wife's a paralegal and everyone in her firm was more than happy to talk to me and thank me for doing what I did. But in south Texas I think nationalism and patriotism is the norm. That is... unless you live in Austin, the Berkley of the South.

Yep. Keep Austin weird. We don't want them in the rest of our state.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
C'mon. Austin is the best part of the state. They actually play real music there, not that country business.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Ah come on. How many ways does it have to be said. What they did was perfectly legal. I may not have done it. ....
That's because if common sense (with a hefty dose of personal accountability) were allowed to dictate what could and couldn't be brought to litigation, there would be a serious dwindling in work available for the legal community. As it is, what is "legal" is regulated by the legal community - maybe Treasury should be allowed some Checks and Balances authority.

(The above comments are solely the "if I ruled the world" opinion of one misguided boob, and are not endorsed in any way by anyone who really matters.)

Scoob

pilot
Contributor
That's not the truth?!?!

You mean that I won't fly a nuclear equipped F-14 into a giant alien mothership with Goose as my RIO and Mr. T and Harm as my wingmen?

Oh, God. :D
OF COURSE NOT!!! Any true A-Team fan knows that Mr. T does not get on an aircraft without being drugged beforehand.

Silly amateur.:D

Scoob

pilot
Contributor
...and till this day most likely believes I live on a base with a gym on par with 24-hour Fitness or Gold's, a golf course on par with Pebble Beach, and my mil fam housing unit is most likely equivalent to something off ocean drive.
So, she thinks you're in the Air Force???

Oh, wait...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's because if common sense (with a hefty dose of personal accountability) were allowed to dictate what could and couldn't be brought to litigation, there would be a serious dwindling in work available for the legal community.
Since my wife defends civil law suits I can attest to that!

As it is, what is "legal" is regulated by the legal community
While that isn't really true, it certainly doesn't apply here. The USAF and FAA can set aside restricted airspace. If anyone has an interest in that it is risk management folks and those with financial interests like the airlines and NBAA.

mb1k

pilot
None
So, she thinks you're in the Air Force???

Oh, wait...

Oh! Snap!

If it were only true, if it were only true. My first AF assignment was to the quantifiably worst base in the AF inventory, Offutt. That is WRT to QOL, family housing, services, etc. It's a hodge-podge of California spec contracted bldgs that were built board-for-board from plans of the Vandenberg housing... but in the mid-west with -20 F winters and snow. We had constant mold and condensation problems, and the house never heated or cooled right. When they went privitization, all the officers cleared out and actually went to live on the economy. The rationale was that if we're going to have to pay a rent and a utility bill, we need to have something equitable to our BAQ. Hard to pay $1,600 for a drafty, leaky, house with a $500 a month utility bill when an E-3 lives across the street in a 2 year-old central heating and air unit with more square feet for $800 a month. I may be elitist, but I'm not subsidizing some E-3s housing who's living better than me as I rot away in a $h1t h0le. Way to go civil engineering squadron.

Then there was Barksdale... just slightly better. Barber's Point and Iroquis Pt. housing was better. Who'd a thunk?!?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Oh! Snap!

If it were only true, if it were only true. My first AF assignment was to the quantifiably worst base in the AF inventory, Offutt. That is WRT to QOL, family housing, services, etc. It's a hodge-podge of California spec contracted bldgs that were built board-for-board from plans of the Vandenberg housing... but in the mid-west with -20 F winters and snow. We had constant mold and condensation problems, and the house never heated or cooled right. When they went privitization, all the officers cleared out and actually went to live on the economy. The rationale was that if we're going to have to pay a rent and a utility bill, we need to have something equitable to our BAQ. Hard to pay $1,600 for a drafty, leaky, house with a $500 a month utility bill when an E-3 lives across the street in a 2 year-old central heating and air unit with more square feet for $800 a month. I may be elitist, but I'm not subsidizing some E-3s housing who's living better than me as I rot away in a $h1t h0le. Way to go civil engineering squadron.

Then there was Barksdale... just slightly better. Barber's Point and Iroquis Pt. housing was better. Who'd a thunk?!?

I did some time in the Omaha area this winter with the whole hockey refereeing thing. One of our leagues (the USHL) has a pretty nice apartment there, but it's on the north west side of town which as you know is the complete opposite side of town from Offutt.

There is good hockey at UNO and with the Lancers (who are in Council Bluffs...) but the snow and the cold are pretty miserable. In fact the 2nd worst drive I had this last winter was going from Omaha to Kearney (Tri City Storm) in a white out snow storm. That drive took me 6 hours, but at least I stayed on the road for it...

As far as going back to that part of the world? Well, that is one reason I'm wanting to go Navy.
/threadjack

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barksdale housing is bad? Drove through there on my way up here and it looked pretty darn nice. Or is the stuff on the main drag not a representative sample?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
....everyone in her firm was more than happy to talk to me and thank me for doing what I did.
Anyone else feel guilty when people come up to you, knowing there are 18 year olds getting shot at and IED'd? That is what I think of whenever someone "thanks me."

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Anyone else feel guilty when people come up to you, knowing there are 18 year olds getting shot at and IED'd? That is what I think of whenever someone "thanks me."

As a Mid, it's the worst. Try explaining to them that all you do is study business---they don't get it. It's easier to just say "Thank you" and keep walking.