• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

USAF_WX2USN

I had my form DD368 conditional release signed off by what would be the equivalent squadron commander. However, my recruiter says that (if selected, but just easier if I do it now) that it needs to be signed off by someone else or whatever the Navy equivalent is if a sailor was applying. Would that be the commander or someone else at my military personnel flight (MPF)?

Tenzo82

No problem Bro.... Sending you the "Checklist from Ted" now to your gmail.com... Pay close attention to pages 2 and 6. Yeah, I turned 31 this past November so OCM wasn't hearing that about a waiver for me. I exceeded the age limit. If you are selected for the SWO board in March, you should be commissioned before November. Good luck

Thank JojoHard. I have that same checklist before but toss it out. The only think is why it is that they came out with the new checklist for Fleet Applicant but left out important information like submit your JPAS with your package. Did you email your package and they didn't require the new checklist with the package?

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I will be emailing my OCS package to CNRC Friday January 4th 2013. I've been combing through my package day in and day out; being very meticulous looking for any mistakes. If I do not get Pro' Rec' it will be for other reasons and not because my package was subpar. Good question about JPAS being left off the checklist, but I am sending my JPAS print out IAW the "Checklist from Ted." You being an IT, I'm sure you have a TSC/I so you shouldnt have any issues getting it from your SSO or Security Manager. Already having our security clearences and medical forms DD 2808/DD 2807-1 will make for quicker processing if we are fortunate enough to be selected. My motto, "make it as simple for the board members to select my package", and these things help. I only used the checklist "in house" within my chain of command as I was routing my OCS Package. When I email my package to CNRC next Friday, I will not be emailing the checklist with it. My package will be in the exact order indicated on page 6 from "Ted's Checklist" document I sent you earlier. FYI, "extra misc. forms" include waiver requests from OCM's and tattoo screening form. Oh yeah, ensure you include a printout of HIV and lab results within your package, this is a separate from the DD 2808/2807-1. Your health care provider can provide this for you.

JoJoGoHard

I had my form DD368 conditional release signed off by what would be the equivalent squadron commander. However, my recruiter says that (if selected, but just easier if I do it now) that it needs to be signed off by someone else or whatever the Navy equivalent is if a sailor was applying. Would that be the commander or someone else at my military personnel flight (MPF)?

You're in a unique situation, considering you arecoming from the Air Force side and working with an OR to process your OCS package. I am not as knowledgeable when it comes to submitting OCS packages via an OR. I am much more familar with the Navy Active Duty side of things. Are you currently active duty Air Force, or have you been discharged and attempting to commission through the Navy?

USAF_WX2USN

You're in a unique situation, considering you arecoming from the Air Force side and working with an OR to process your OCS package. I am not as knowledgeable when it comes to submitting OCS packages via an OR. I am much more familar with the Navy Active Duty side of things. Are you currently active duty Air Force, or have you been discharged and attempting to commission through the Navy?

I am currently Active Duty Air Force and working through an OR to commission in the Navy. I already got the form signed by my acting commander (the weirder part is that I'm on a joint tour, so my chain of command is not the standard Air Force one that I would find in a regular unit, so maybe that's part of it?), but my recruiter was mentioning that it had to be signed by someone else in the event that I'm selected. I'm assuming she's referring to the commander who is in charge of the military records section, but I'm not sure why they would have a say over my commander? I know there are a few former AF, current Navy folks lurking around that maybe can help or NavyOffRec?

afwx

Booyahkah
I am currently Active Duty Air Force and working through an OR to commission in the Navy. I already got the form signed by my acting commander (the weirder part is that I'm on a joint tour, so my chain of command is not the standard Air Force one that I would find in a regular unit, so maybe that's part of it?), but my recruiter was mentioning that it had to be signed by someone else in the event that I'm selected. I'm assuming she's referring to the commander who is in charge of the military records section, but I'm not sure why they would have a say over my commander? I know there are a few former AF, current Navy folks lurking around that maybe can help or NavyOffRec?

It is the MPF CC who will sign once you have your final select letter. It will go from your CC, the the MPF CC, to AFPC. You will have to submit a separation request via VMPF and follow the process there. Are you on duty now? I am and will be all weekend until from 2030Z - 0430Z daily. Shoot me a PM with your email again, or just email me on the global (if you remember mine) and I will forward you the info I have on the process.

USAF_WX2USN

It is the MPF CC who will sign once you have your final select letter. It will go from your CC, the the MPF CC, to AFPC. You will have to submit a separation request via VMPF and follow the process there. Are you on duty now? I am and will be all weekend until from 2030Z - 0430Z daily. Shoot me a PM with your email again, or just email me on the global (if you remember mine) and I will forward you the info I have on the process.

PM sent. You rock!

USAF_WX2USN

Thanks for all of the gouge. So, from my understanding of it all, just having my sqdrn CC signing off is fine for my kit to meet the board, but if I'm selected I will need to do all of that stuff then?

Just want to make sure I'm good for now. Thanks again!

exNavyOffRec

FY13 IDC quotas are all filled they will be picking FY14, they can pick up to 50% of the goal and they estimate that based on current goal, as I mentioned before sometimes the IDC board does odd things, those odd things resulted in some waiting 2 years to go to OCS.

Based on current goal they should pick about 3 for each SWO IW/IP/INTEL, about 20 for Intel, about a dozen for IW

Correction, I looked at wrong number for IW based upon FY13 goal they should be picking about 7.

JoJoGoHard

Correction, I looked at wrong number for IW based upon FY13 goal they should be picking about 7.
Appreciate the update of information NOR... Just another "hurdle to jump" and overcome. Makes the competition that much more viable... If it's meant to be then it will be...

Beefalo

This is good news right? They pick 7 for FY13 and up to 50 percent for FY14? Around 20 or so is what Im hearing.

Tenzo82

For anybody that knows the answer to my questions.

I am AD and just send my package to the Fleet processor yesterday via officerapplications@navy.mil.

1. Do you get any status on BOL? Do it show that you submitted an application? If so, how long does it take to show up?

Thank you and good luck to all in the Feb and March board.

Prospective: IP/SWO-IP option, and SWO.

JoJoGoHard

For anybody that knows the answer to my questions.

I am AD and just send my package to the Fleet processor yesterday via officerapplications@navy.mil.

1. Do you get any status on BOL? Do it show that you submitted an application? If so, how long does it take to show up?

Thank you and good luck to all in the Feb and March board.

Prospective: IP/SWO-IP option, and SWO.
Congratulations, first order of business if you have yet to do so is contact Mr. Williams via phone (901) 874-9366 or email ted.m.williams@navy.mil to verify that your package was recieved. It is to my understanding, and NOR correct if I am wrong, but BOL will not indicate an OCS package submission for AD. If you you are a select or non-select, you Chain of Command (CO or CCC) will be notified. The only thing I can see changing on BOL are your orders if you're Pro'Rec, Final Select, then orders are cut for you to attend OCS in Rhode Island.