• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

Tenzo82

Congratulations, first order of business if you have yet to do so is contact Mr. Williams via phone (901) 874-9366 or email ted.m.williams@navy.mil to verify that your package was recieved. It is to my understanding, and NOR correct if I am wrong, but BOL will not indicate an OCS package submission for AD. If you you are a select or non-select, you Chain of Command (CO or CCC) will be notified. The only thing I can see changing on BOL are your orders if you're Pro'Rec, Final Select, then orders are cut for you to attend OCS in Rhode Island.

Thanks JojoHard. It was a good feeling to send it off. My CoC was very helpful in the whole process. PS1 replied to my email and said my package is forwarded to the program manager to go to the boards. She said I view the results 1 to 2 weeks after the board convences.

If I am not selected for the Feb or March board. Do I resubmit my whole package and start the process over again for the next board? Do they just used your old package and submit it for the next board? What if I retake my OAR, do I resubmit the whole package or just the new test score?

So many questions.

Thanks

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone have an idea on how many applications have been received for Intel? Thanks!

That information comes out sometimes before the board meets and sometimes after, sometimes the number of applications rec'd isn't the number that actually go to board, sometimes they say "we have rec'd XXX applications", but the real number you want to hear is "we have sent XXX applications to board".

In the past in was in the hundreds, for one board that was cancelled a year ago they had around 700 applications and were looking at selecting 10 people.

nelson0216

That information comes out sometimes before the board meets and sometimes after, sometimes the number of applications rec'd isn't the number that actually go to board, sometimes they say "we have rec'd XXX applications", but the real number you want to hear is "we have sent XXX applications to board".

In the past in was in the hundreds, for one board that was cancelled a year ago they had around 700 applications and were looking at selecting 10 people.

NOR, can you find out if an AD packet is at board?

fedman28

NavyOffRec,

I would like your opinion on something my packet is being submitted on Monday my stats are:

31 yo Prior Navy Master At Arms 4 years

ASTB OAR 49 5/6/5

3.67 GPA at State University in Criminal Justice

Strong LOR's

What programs would I have the best chance applying for? My OR does not seem to have his head in the game when it comes to my packet I understand that he is not excited about this as I am but he just doesn't seem to care at all. Last min things kept coming up ...." Oh we need this and that " things that should have been done weeks if not months ago. So I don't think he cares what programs I put in for.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

I would like your opinion on something my packet is being submitted on Monday my stats are:

31 yo Prior Navy Master At Arms 4 years

ASTB OAR 49 5/6/5

3.67 GPA at State University in Criminal Justice

Strong LOR's

What programs would I have the best chance applying for? My OR does not seem to have his head in the game when it comes to my packet I understand that he is not excited about this as I am but he just doesn't seem to care at all. Last min things kept coming up ...." Oh we need this and that " things that should have been done weeks if not months ago. So I don't think he cares what programs I put in for.

He may be dragging his feet and stringing this along hoping you will give up, the reason I say this is that you options are very limited due to your age and degree. If you just go by age the only thing you can put in for is IW/IP/AMDO/Intel but then without calc/phys or tech degree that pretty much eliminates IW and IP, AMDO primarily picks those that are AD with aviation maint. background, so that leave Intel and they now pick 60% technical.

That means Intel is essentially it though it is a low chance it is a chance.

fedman28

NavyOffRec

I think you are right about him dragging his feet not only is he doing that but he basically caused me not to be able to submit on time. Today the last day to submit he pulls this "we need a LOR from your CO" crap if he would have told me that even a week ago I could have made it happen but a few hrs before the deadline he knew that wasn't going to happen. He said he didn't know it was on the checklist I call BS on that one. Why would you string someone along and then the last day pull something like that ....not a happy camper with this OR right now.

cardeea

fedman28

JoJo said it best my friend! Best of luck to you..

No, Don't assume anything. You need confirmation. Deadline for Febuary 4th 2013 IDC board is January 7th 2013. I would hag and hassle until I was giving confirmation that the paper was received and included into my package. At the end of the day, no one is going to look after you better than you can. Simply advice.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec

I think you are right about him dragging his feet not only is he doing that but he basically caused me not to be able to submit on time. Today the last day to submit he pulls this "we need a LOR from your CO" crap if he would have told me that even a week ago I could have made it happen but a few hrs before the deadline he knew that wasn't going to happen. He said he didn't know it was on the checklist I call BS on that one. Why would you string someone along and then the last day pull something like that ....not a happy camper with this OR right now.

yes, that is BS, it is on the checklist it is quite clear, so either he is dragging his feet or he is an idiot.

USAF_WX2USN

Your processor should be able to look and see in CIRIMS if it was rec'd.

Ok great. I'll have my OR double check. I'm so OCD about my stuff and having it come down to it being submitted possibly at the last minute makes me nervous. She had me sign one last paper at 1500 MST and when I called about an hour ago, she believe that it's been received.

Was there a final due time or is it by midnight tonight?

exNavyOffRec

Ok great. I'll have my OR double check. I'm so OCD about my stuff and having it come down to it being submitted possibly at the last minute makes me nervous. She had me sign one last paper at 1500 MST and when I called about an hour ago, she believe that it's been received.

Was there a final due time or is it by midnight tonight?

generally it is end of working day at NRC, but it is really at the discretion of the NRC processor