• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

das

Contributor
android1010, congratulations and welcome to the Information Warfare Community. If there's anything I can help out with, let me know!

android1010

android1010, congratulations and welcome to the Information Warfare Community. If there's anything I can help out with, let me know!

Thanks Mbstroz and Das. I'm extremely excited and now I'm researching what comes next. I know there are plenty of posts detailing that on this forum, so I won't ask any newbie questions :) unless I can't find something.

Congrats to you as well Mbstroz!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Thank you. :)

I'm just starting my paperwork for the MEPS and physical. Read something about a select letter arriving but figured that would take a week or so.

android1010

Thank you. :)

I'm just starting my paperwork for the MEPS and physical. Read something about a select letter arriving but figured that would take a week or so.

I received the physically qualified letter prior to the board. I'm not sure if that, coupled with my active clearance, speeds up the process or not. I've waited this long so a few more months won't hurt, but I sure am excited to start this journey!

das

Contributor
If you already are physically qualified, that can speed up the process quite a bit!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
I wish I had started that before. I didn't know we could or I would have asked. I also have an active TS clearance so I hope it speed some things up.

android1010

I wish I had started that before. I didn't know we could or I would have asked. I also have an active TS clearance so I hope it speed some things up.

My recruiter has been awesome during this whole process - I can' make that statement about the AF recruiter I had 15 years ago :). He insisted that I go prior to the board and now I'm really glad that I did.

That's good to hear, Das! After reading a bunch of posts on this board over the weekend I can tell that you have a bunch of great information to offer us...thank you for that.

Congrats to those that were selected. I was not selected this time around. Hopefully 3 will be my magic number. I am reapplying in March.

Its not a matter of if I get selected, its when. Everything is a lesson learned. Seems like everyone had masters degrees. So I am definitely going to work on getting enrolled into a masters program, finish a couple more certs and maybe get some stronger letters of recommendation.

das

Contributor
Its not a matter of if I get selected, its when. Everything is a lesson learned. Seems like everyone had masters degrees. So I am definitely going to work on getting enrolled into a masters program, finish a couple more certs and maybe get some stronger letters of recommendation.

The graduate degree (either in progress or complete) appears to be a big factor. See if you can also involve yourself in community leadership/volunteer type positions. When you have multiple packets before the board over time, you'll often have board members and others associated with the process who become familiar with you — and they're looking for marked improvement from the prior packet. In fact, I believe submitting a letter of reconsideration is a positive thing, because you get to highlight specifically what you have been working on and what you have improved. It's that kind of sustained improvement that really stands out to a board when you have to apply more than once.

I actually do currently volunteer. I am on the board of directors for a local hockey rink. I think I need LOR from current senior officers. That is going to be the hard part.

Chorrell

Recording WWII Causalites.
Ugh!!! This waiting is murderous!

I was really hoping to hear something today. I see that many have been notified and I am starting to wonder if I made the cut? Have others had to wait a while before hearing the results?

Thanks!

C