• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

das

Contributor
Good luck to all -- hopefully you'll all know by the end of the week, or early next week at the latest!

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock,Tick,Tock................................................................ Is it Friday yet??????

das

Contributor
The results letter will be released to CNRC and the NRDs around noon tomorrow (Fri Sep 23). This means that, in theory, your recruiters should have access to the results then or soon thereafter.

Chorrell

Recording WWII Causalites.
Is there a link or a place on the web where you can view the results? Good luck to everyone! --C

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
None that I know of. Everyone gets told from their recruiter or someone in their recruiters office. I wish there was as the wait is terrible.

das

Contributor
I'm afraid I don't have any news myself, but the results should now be "out there". Unfortunately, results from DIRCOM boards are not publicly accessible anywhere, so your recruiter will be the best source of this information. My advice would be to ping your recruiter and say that you have heard the results have been released to CNRC, the NRDs, and IDC leadership, and ask if they could please check to see if they can access them.

das

Contributor
Some information from this board and comparisons with previous boards:

SEP09 (first FY10 board) - 174 applicants. Selected 57 INTEL. (Last INTEL-only board.)
MAR10 (second FY10 board) - 278 applicants. Selected 31 INTEL, 11 IW, 13 IP, 0 OCEANO. (First joint IDC board.)
SEP10 (first FY11 board) - 262 applicants. Selected 41 INTEL, 10 IW, 5 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR11 (second FY11 board) - 283 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 10 IW, 6 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP11 (first FY12 board) - 348 applicants. Selected 55 INTEL, 12 IW, 7 IP, 0 OCEANO.

Selected applications for Information Warfare (1815) possessed all of the following general attributes:

- outstanding appraisals (military)
- letters of recommendation,
- type degree/level of education/GPA
- Information Warfare/IDC-related job experience
- security clearance eligibility
- significant leadership experience
- strong motivational/personal statement

Selected applications for Information Professional (1825) possessed all of the following general attributes:

- quantifiable leadership/supervision (military/civilian)
- advanced technical degrees
- Information Technology/IDC-related work experience
- technical certifications
- strong and well-written motivational statements
- outstanding interviews and recommendations

Selected applications for Intelligence (1835) possessed all of the following general attributes:

- quantifiable leadership/supervision (military/civilian)
- level of education/performance
- intelligence/IDC-related work experience
- strong NIRR OIC endorsements and panel interviews
- well-written motivational statements

Non-selected applications possessed one or more of the following general attributes:

- less than 100% confidence NIRR OIC endorsement
- less than outstanding panel interviews
- lack of quantifiable leadership
- lack of demonstrated educational performance
- demonstrated poor writing skills
- civilian employment/skill set not applicable

For those who have been selected, congratulations and welcome aboard!

For those not selected, really focus on the above points, and concentrate on tailoring your application to the specific community/ies to which you are applying.

The next IDC board is 19-22MAR12!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Just got word from my recruiter. I got picked up for IP. What a way to start a weekend. Good luck to everyone else that is waiting on word.

Thank you Das for providing the information above. It is very nice to see how it all panned out.

widi

Just got word from my recruiter. I got picked up for IP. What a way to start a weekend. Good luck to everyone else that is waiting on word.

Thank you Das for providing the information above. It is very nice to see how it all panned out.

Well worth the wait mbstroz, congrats in order!