• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

exNavyOffRec

The results are out! I was just told because of the exercise they did the board in 2 days and had the letter signed before everything was shut down on Thursday.

1 for Oceanographer
8 for IW
9 for IP
59 for Intel

Apparently my package didnt even make it to board, even though I was told I was good to go. Looks like I am re-applying in Sept.

das

Contributor
The MAR12 IDC professional review board consisted of ten 1805/1815/1820/1825/1830/1835/7441/7451, and reviewed 243 packages, of which 77 were selected.

The professional review board utilized a "best fit" approach when selecting candidates for the various Information Dominance Corps (IDC) designators. Based on this approach, a candidate may have been selected for a designator for which was not the candidate's primary community preference but the professional review board determined the presented skills were a better fit for the community which they were ultimately selected.

OCEANO

Selected applications possessed all of the following general attributes: outstanding appraisals (military), letters of recommendation, advanced/specialty degrees, Oceanography/Meteorology/IDC-related work experience, security clearance eligibility, significant leadership experience and strong motivational/personal statement.

IW

Selected applications possessed all of the following general attributes: outstanding appraisals (military), letters of recommendation, type degree/level of education/GPA, Information Warfare/IDC related job experience, security clearance eligibility, significant leadership experience and strong motivational/personal statement.

IP

Selected applications possessed all of the following general attributes: quantifiable leadership/supervision (military/civilian), advanced technical degrees, Information Technology/IDC-related work experience, technical certifications, security clearance eligibility, strong and well-written motivational statements, outstanding interviews and recommendations.

INTEL

Selected applications possessed all of the following general attributes: quantifiable leadership/supervision (military/civilian), level of education/performance, intelligence/IDC-related work experience, security clearance eligibility, strong IDC OIC endorsements and panel interviews and well-written motivational statements.

NON-SELECT

Non-selected applications possessed one or more of the following general attributes: less than 100% confidence IDC OIC endorsement, less than outstanding panel interviews, lack of quantifiable leadership, lack of demonstrated educational performance, demonstrated poor writing skills and civilian employment/skill set not applicable.

More info:

The Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Dominance has directed a 60-40% hard science versus social science targeted accession mix of all new IDC accessions. Recruiters shall make every reasonable attempt to submit future candidates with preferred major fields of study associated with the achievement of information dominance to include, but not limited to, computer science, math, physical sciences, and engineering.

Strong emphasis on candidate's post education/professional certifications and leadership qualities. Additionally, candidates should explain any adverse areas in the candidate's application that maybe presented by the various local boards, endorsements and enlisted evaluations for prior service candidates.

Candidate's packages should be tailored to the communities for which they are applying. IDC applicants with interviews and motivational statements tailored tocommunities outside the IDC made it difficult for the voting members to determine the candidate's IDC suitability. IDC Packages should be tailored to communities within the IDC for which the candidate is best suited based on their education, skillset and occupational experience.

The next IDC DCO Professional Review will be held 17-20 September 2012. Revised Program Authorizations for all IDC communities are currently being staffed and are anticipated to be released prior to the next board.

All future IDC applicants will require an IDC Reserve Region OIC endorsement.

Board history:

SEP09 (first FY10 board) - 174 applicants. Selected 57 INTEL. (Last INTEL-only board.)
MAR10 (second FY10 board) - 278 applicants. Selected 31 INTEL, 11 IW, 13 IP, 0 OCEANO. (First joint IDC board.)
SEP10 (first FY11 board) - 262 applicants. Selected 41 INTEL, 10 IW, 5 IP, 2 OCEANO.
MAR11 (second FY11 board) - 283 applicants. Selected 40 INTEL, 10 IW, 6 IP, 0 OCEANO.
SEP11 (first FY12 board) - 348 applicants. Selected 55 INTEL, 12 IW, 7 IP, 0 OCEANO.
MAR12 (second FY12 board) - 243 applicants. Selected 59 INTEL, 8 IW, 9 IP, 1 OCEANO.
SEP12 (first FY13 board) - 17-20SEP12.

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
One and done! Selected for IP!!

My package did not make it to the board in Sep. but did this time.

Thank you to everyone on this board!!!!!
If there is anything you guys need let me know.

PapaK

One and done! Selected for IP!!

My package did not make it to the board in Sep. but did this time.

Thank you to everyone on this board!!!!!
If there is anything you guys need let me know.

Way to be the good sniper in the group. One Shot One Kill. Bravo Zulu, Mr. Innocent. See you around the fleet!

das

Contributor
Congrats to those who have been selected! It's the beginning of a great journey!

To those who were not selected or whose packages weren't considered — keep at it!

Take a look at the reasons for select/non-select that I posted a few posts up as a general guidepost, and keep your eye on the Program Authorizations for each IDC community, which are expected to be updated before the SEP12 board. The schedules and general requirements for all boards can be found here.

In the difficult situation where your package was not forwarded to the board for some reason or was not considered, recommend to have your recruiter check to verify that your package is actually in before the deadline and will be considered. The deadlines for each board are at the above link. I know people have been told everything is good to go only to find out it's not, but asking your recruiter to do this one explicit check may help in the future.

exNavyOffRec

Please be aware that many of the comments the board makes are "recycled" from one board to another, so take all with a grain of salt.

I have first hand knowledge of an Intel select that meets none of what they mention for Intel selects.