• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
i have a question along the lines of Ac2nasty's, i got a copy of my completed package from my CO, both boards gave me straight 10's across the board, is the board going to look at that and think its a load of crap?

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
i have a question along the lines of Ac2nasty's, i got a copy of my completed package from my CO, both boards gave me straight 10's across the board, is the board going to look at that and think its a load of crap?

That's exactly what I had...

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
The on-line application page has locked out for changes and I just noticed that when I recently updated my school choices and accidently moved my primary program option to SPEC OPS from Pilot. I've emailed Mr. Straten to get it fixed just thought I'd pass my error on so everyone could check theirs just in case.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign

The board is probably going to pay more attention to the wording of each officer's write-up on the appraisal sheets. That's where you might get a better idea of whether or not they're just blowing sunshine. If the comments look good but seem generic and catch-phrase, the 10 may not be that strong.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
The on-line application page has locked out for changes and I just noticed that when I recently updated my school choices and accidently moved my primary program option to SPEC OPS from Pilot. I've emailed Mr. Straten to get it fixed just thought I'd pass my error on so everyone could check theirs just in case.

My page has locked out as well. Just for clarification, we have until August 1st to update our package with additional items such as LOAs, new awards, and updated transcripts correct?

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
Yes it is August 1st, Mr Straten just emailed and said it was locked due to people playing on the site.
"
I CHANGED IT BACK TO Pilot for you. That is why we closed the web site, too many people in there playing around.
v/r
Ed Straten"

I tend to play when I get a little bored, October is still pretty far off...:)

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
http://www.finance.hq.navy.mil/FMB/08PRES/OPS/OMN_BOOK_Vol1.pdf

According to pg 300 of the budget submitted to the President, there should be the the same number of STA-21 slots, 210 ,and 3-month boost slots, 50.

Being on recruiting gives me plenty of time to look for random stuff like this :icon_tong

That is interesting. Though there are 210 available slots for selection into the program that doesn't mean there has to be that many selected. The board will pick people who have a strong package and who are worthy of the opportunity. I don't think they would select a weak candidate just to make numbers. Either way 210 is a big number for possible STA-21 candidates.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Actually if you look at the NAVADMIN for the last cycle there were 153 selects and 57 alternates. Sounds right on the money to me.

https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/navadmin256-07.txt

This is the NAVADMIN for the last cycle. I went through and counted the slots and compared it to the link EM1(SW)NUKE posted on the prior page. EM1 is dead on with all the numbers, 210 selects with 57 alternates. I only did last years which was a lot of work, can't imagine doing all of them. +1 for doing all the previous years EM1.

Really it doesn't matter how many candidates are selected each year. It is interesting comparing the differences in each year and allows to get an idea of what to expect for the upcoming year. Whether it be 5 or 500 selected our goal should all be the same; submit the best package that we can. After that pray to whatever God you believe in and be sure sacrifice a goat or two.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Really it doesn't matter how many candidates are selected each year. It is interesting comparing the differences in each year and allows to get an idea of what to expect for the upcoming year. Whether it be 5 or 500 selected our goal should all be the same; submit the best package that we can. After that pray to whatever God you believe in and be sure sacrifice a goat or two.

Your right I didn't add an aditional 57 selects when I was adding them up this morning. July is just dragging on, I bet August and September will be the same if not worse.