• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/navadmin256-07.txt

This is the NAVADMIN for the last cycle. I went through and counted the slots and compared it to the link EM1(SW)NUKE posted on the prior page. EM1 is dead on with all the numbers, 210 selects with 57 alternates. I only did last years which was a lot of work, can't imagine doing all of them. +1 for doing all the previous years EM1.

I copied the NAVADMIN into a text file, then imported into an Excel spreadsheet as a comma delimited file, the just a little sorting. It took about 30-45 minutes to put it all together. Thanks for the feedback though... good luck fellas.. The wait gets EXTREMELY difficult when the results are supposed to be out and aren't.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
When is everybody enrolling to their school? Also how many schools total are you going to enroll at? I think I am going to next month at either 2-3 schools.

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
I am going to apply towards the end of August. One of the schools I am applying to, Memphis, said they do not review 2009 applications until mid-to-late August, so now its just the waiting game. :icon_nav_

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I am applying to the University of Colorado and the University of Colorado at Denver. I will be applying towards the end of August.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I am applying to the University of Colorado and the University of Colorado at Denver. I will be applying towards the end of August.

I will also be applying to the University of Colorado but as a back-up. My first choice is the University of Kansas. From what others have said you will most likely get your first choice. I called KU this week and they told me there are already a lot of pilots (hopefuls) in the unit so only time will tell if I would be accepted there. So I guess they only allow so many of each program option at each school (or KU at least). That's probably why it is recommended to apply to more than one school.

I heard a rumor that in the near future all STA-21 students will be required to complete a technical degree. Now, it is only recommended. Guess that might be one of the changes they will be implementing in the new instruction. Even if it does take effect with the new instruction everybody already in the program will be grandfathered in to the old instruction.

EM1toNFO

None
Apply for summer, as you don't know which NSI class you will be in. If you are in the May NSI class, then the college will just defer your start date to the fall.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Should we be applying to schools even before the results come out?

I think that's just personal preference. If you want to fork over the app fees for the schools before the results come out nobody's going to stop you. I was in a different situation where I was already enrolled and taking classes at the school I wanted to go to. All I had to do was get a letter saying that I was already a student and would still be a student in the summer. IMHO, you should have plenty of time to apply for school after the results come out, especially since most schools have online apps that you can fill out and get results in about a week. Of course, the earlier you apply, the sooner you can iron out any issues with the school but like I said, you should have more than enough time to get that straight. School apps was probably the easiest part for me. Scheduling physicals and doing all the transfer/extension paperwork, etc. took a lot more time and effort.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I am applying now so that I don't have another thing to worry about later once results come out.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I tried to apply but the online application would only let me select this Fall 2008 for my school start date. It will probably add Spring 2009 within a month or two but I'm not sure about the Summer 2009 which I need. If it doesn't show up as an option for me to select then I will just apply for Spring 2009 so I can at least be accepted to the school. Then, I will just push back my start date with the school.

EM1toNFO

None
Your best bet AC2 is to call the school (admissions office) and ask them directly. I didn't apply to colleges until I was selected and still had plenty of time. Just use your best judgment.

davebomb25

I am an applicant for the FY-09 and this is my first time posting. All of my boards went extremely well and I came across something interesting when I received a copy of my package from my admin department after the package was mailed off. The nomination board chairsperson sat on my nomination board and filled out both an appraisal sheet and chairperson recommendation form. Will that be a hit on me?