• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

SkyBoundET2

Anyone go to NC State?

I was wondering if there are any previous year selectees that are currently attending NC State. If I get picked up, that is the college I would like to attend, and I am wondering what to expect. I realize it may be a bit early, but i'm curious, and it will help keep me from being nervous about results. :icon_mi_1

SkyBoundET2

VA Beach?

[FONT=&quot]
My goal has always been to become a Naval Officer. While I was in college I was unable to attain competitive ACT scores to be accepted into the NROTC program. I decided to enlist in the Navy and begin my career, but I never forgot my original goal.[/FONT]

Did you make a STA-21 help package? The good, the bad and the ugly? And do you happen to know an AT2 Biediger?

flyn707

I have a buddy that put in a sta-21 package this year. His skipper was relieved of command. I told him that it would make no difference on his selection chances. For sanity purposes what do you guys think? Do you think it will hurt his chances? I can see how he would be worried being that the skippers endorsement is the most important part of the package. Hopefully we all see positive results this fall both with advancement and STA.

austinEM

This is my 2nd time to apply to STA-21. Due to age restrictions on Supply Corps, this is my last shot through STA-21. Good luck and God bless every one of you who have applied. Now, like last year, we play the waiting game.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I dont want to get anybodys' hopes up, but last year around the 13 of September, they accidently released the results. Who ever was put in charge of changing the selectees webpage to physical/placement information jump the gun by about 2 weeks. Just a heads up, keep an eye on it. Good luck to all. Later guys... and gals.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Hey thanks for that info, it would be a nice surprise to find out if we made it before the results are actually out. There are a lot of new people on the forum lately so what program option is everyone applying for and what school are you or have you applied to?

I am applying NFO and to the University of Colorado and at the University of Colorado at Denver.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
I dont want to get anybodys' hopes up, but last year around the 13 of September, they accidently released the results. Who ever was put in charge of changing the selectees webpage to physical/placement information jump the gun by about 2 weeks. Just a heads up, keep an eye on it. Good luck to all. Later guys... and gals.

+1. Myself and another guy saw this happen, and maybe it will happen again. Best not to mention it to Ed Straten or anyone else until afterwards. In the meantime, good luck everyone! I hope to hear about the new selectees in October :D

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
+1. Myself and another guy saw this happen, and maybe it will happen again. Best not to mention it to Ed Straten or anyone else until afterwards. In the meantime, good luck everyone! I hope to hear about the new selectees in October :D

I forgot about that part... lol. Everyone was so eager to find out if it was a sign of selection (which was later revealed by the official message) that they flooded Mr. Straten's mailbox. It was corrected by the end of the week.

SkyBoundET2

I forgot about that part... lol. Everyone was so eager to find out if it was a sign of selection (which was later revealed by the official message) that they flooded Mr. Straten's mailbox. It was corrected by the end of the week.

Everyone keeps talking about this Mr. Ed Straten guy... And it was mentioned earlier that a call to him right after results are released can possibly get you a seat in BOOST. Anyone happen to have his contact info?

ELT(SS)

Everyone keeps talking about this Mr. Ed Straten guy... And it was mentioned earlier that a call to him right after results are released can possibly get you a seat in BOOST. Anyone happen to have his contact info?

I would recommend leaving him alone until after official results are out, and only for important stuff. He is a nice guy, but I imagine he would get frustrated with 3000 email asking about results.
edward.straten@navy.mil

SkyBoundET2

I would recommend leaving him alone until after official results are out, and only for important stuff.

Don't worry- i'll be sure to call him twice a day to ask him what he knows about the results- then explain that someone on AW with the name ELT(SS) said to contact him. :icon_tong I'll actually only be contacting him if, by some miraculous twist of fate, I get picked up this year. Thanks for the info!

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
Hopefully they make that mistake again and post up results on the 13th!!! I would do backflips, this waiting game sucks. BTW I'm applying for Pilot option and hopefully going to ODU in Norfolk

SkyBoundET2

:D I wish... but i imagine last year's slip up was a big deal,and it won't happen again. Bummer. But, on the the bright side, only one month to go! (Assuming results come out the same day)I'm applyling for pilot- i'd like to attend NC State and get an electronics engineering degree.

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
There are a lot of new people on the forum lately so what program option is everyone applying for and what school are you or have you applied to?

I am appying for pilot and looking at either Memphis, Auburn or the Citadel (too bad the real UT doesn't have Navy ROTC):eek:uch_125: