• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
we all understand that, but weren't you the same way while you were waiting for results, come on read last years thread its the same! It's natural to worry and sweat it.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Who all is taking advantage of TA and furthering their education right now? Focus on that and the rest will come. When the results come out there is even a longer wait to PCS. Don't waste this time. You should be taking classes to knock that calc or physics class out. If your not up to speed on those, don't hesitate to start taking the lower level maths to get you to where you need to be.

Listen to this man...take heed. :)

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I would have to agree. Again, the confusion last year was due to a different checklist. Not the one that is still be seen now by many of you all. On the bright side, official results will be released in 2 weeks!!! Then this god awful wait is over. Good luck to all.

You've got it this time bro! Have fun at NSI in February!

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
According to Ed Straten, the board is still not over, but should be wrapping up soon, then everyone should go to status closed.

Correct, the status is closed until the first working day of Jan 09.
At this time it will open for online applications. The Board is wrapping
up, as they review applicants the status goes to closed. Expect NAVADMIN to be released by mid-Oct. Good Luck.

v/r

Ed Straten

Naval Service Training Command (NSTC), STA-21 Placement 250 Dallas
Street, Suite A, Pensacola, FL 32508
(850) 452-9433
edward.straten@navy.mil

"For Official Use Only - Privacy Sensitive: Any misuse or unauthorized
access may result in civil and criminal penalties."

SkyBoundET2

According to Ed Straten, the board is still not over, but should be wrapping up soon, then everyone should go to status closed.

i emailed Pensacola, and received this message back:

The selection board has completed the selection process. Results will be published by mid October via NAVADMIN.

MIKE PAROS
Naval Service Training Command (NSTC)
STA-21/NROTC Selection Coordinator
FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY - Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure may result in both civil and criminal penalties

This seems like a default message sent out though, designed to stop any further question asking. It's good to hear that news from Ed. It keeps a glimmer of hope alive for me. :D

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
chillpill.jpg
Nevermind, found them at costco

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
So I take it everyone has their package status closed now?

I still don't have a package status closed message:confused:. I hope that isn't a bad thing, I did most of my Package via fax from my command in Nashville ( I am recruiting in Knoxville). My list shows that I have submitted everything and all my scores, ASTB, ACT and PFA, are good to go. It would suck if my package didn't go up to the board! :eek:

clay_79

also, I called UT and UWM NROTC and neither sent a member to the board as was suggested earlier nor do they have a set quota.

devildoc1981

FY09 Medical Corps Applicant
I still have my check list also.... damn now i am getting worried :confused:.. the days are getting closer. good luck to all.

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
I've been watching this thread for some time now, and all I can say is just take a step back for a second. My application still shows the check list, and whether that's a good thing or bad thing I don't know. All I know is that my package was perfect from the signatures right down to the font size on the pg13's. I spent over 9 month putting my package together and I know it met all the requirements and then some. But if you look at this logically.... over 5000 people registered, over 3000 submitted online, if you take those statistics.... it would mean that around 1800 people mailed/faxed/whatever a package to NSTC, and about 1100 packages where board eligible. We're talking about 400 more packages to go through than last year, and even more from the years before. It would abviously take more time for the board to dicide with this valume of packages to go through. And with all the different options, and people applying for my than one option... it goes without saying, it's going to be a tought year. All I know is that it took over 3 weeks just to show that my package was received after it was mailed, and another couple of weeks to show everything was accounted for.
If the boards are finished... well, that's a relief on all of us, but I wouldn't expect any early leak of the results for at least a couple of weeks... and the NAVADMIN until later in October this year.