• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
So what are everyone's plans this weekend if you get picked up?

my wife and i actually went out last night and had a good dinner and got some drinks. i leave for the ship on sunday. we decided that by celebrating ahead of time, the results would finally come out.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I'd like to apologize for the previous post. I wasn't "pulling rank", instead I was just getting under Chief's skin a little. The comment wasn't meant for everyone, and was tongue-in-cheek at best.

The one thing that people hate from priors (officer/OC alike) is a cocky attitude. It is inevitable that you are going to feel like "you have made it" when you get selected, and that's simply not the case. You are going to have to deal with a lot of NSI/ROTC crap that you, as a prior, may think is beneath you (ESPECIALLY if you are a Chief). It's not. If you don't believe me, ask the Chiefs and Gunnery Sgts at HRNROTC...

Please, continue using every bit of AW bandwith to complain that your computer is slow, NPC/NETFOCUS/BOL website is down, your CCC dicked your package, you want your name added to the imaginary PM list, or whatever else is wrong. If you still need some real advice when/if you get selected, you know where to find me.

haubby

None
Contributor
I'd like to apologize for the previous post. I wasn't "pulling rank", instead I was just getting under Chief's skin a little. The comment wasn't meant for everyone, and was tongue-in-cheek at best.

The one thing that people hate from priors (officer/OC alike) is a cocky attitude. It is inevitable that you are going to feel like "you have made it" when you get selected, and that's simply not the case. You are going to have to deal with a lot of NSI/ROTC crap that you, as a prior, may think is beneath you (ESPECIALLY if you are a Chief). It's not. If you don't believe me, ask the Chiefs and Gunnery Sgts at HRNROTC...

Please, continue using every bit of AW bandwith to complain that your computer is slow, NPC/NETFOCUS/BOL website is down, your CCC dicked your package, you want your name added to the imaginary PM list, or whatever else is wrong. If you still need some real advice when/if you get selected, you know where to find me.

I second this as well. Alot can be lost in the translation over the internet. I'll be standing by for any questions the selects may have once the results come out.

gjhouston

I second this as well. Alot can be lost in the translation over the internet. I'll be standing by for any questions the selects may have once the results come out.

And we/I appreciate your help and information from people who have been there done that. Thanks! I am sure I will have questions.

WRT feeling like things are beneath me, I intend to go into my training both at NSI and ROTC motivated, ready to learn, and looking to help non priors with whatever I can. Trust me, you learn very quick during Chief's Initiation how to swallow your pride and get over yourself. That's what it is to be a leader...its no longer about you. And that is a hard transition to make for some more than others.

And the previous statement about "you have not arrived" is so true...now back to fretting over results coming out. I just feel there are so many things I am in a hold pattern for right now. So many things I could be doing, or not doing ( if not selected..lol) or moving on.

JJLindsey

And we/I appreciate your help and information from people who have been there done that. Thanks! I am sure I will have questions.

WRT feeling like things are beneath me, I intend to go into my training both at NSI and ROTC motivated, ready to learn, and looking to help non priors with whatever I can. Trust me, you learn very quick during Chief's Initiation how to swallow your pride and get over yourself. That's what it is to be a leader...its no longer about you. And that is a hard transition to make for some more than others.

And the previous statement about "you have not arrived" is so true...now back to fretting over results coming out. I just feel there are so many things I am in a hold pattern for right now. So many things I could be doing, or not doing ( if not selected..lol) or moving on.

I agree with you. I am also in a holding pattern right now waiting for these results as my PRD is in Dec and not getting selected would require a rushed PCS transfer from Virginia to Nevada. While that shouldn't be a huge deal it would be my first PCS transfer out of the area since I joined. As such its a little unnerving seeing as though I own a house in VB and would have to hurry and decide which route (renting vs. selling) would be best. All i can do is prepare for both and anxiously await the next NAVADMIN...

To all those waiting anxiously for these results to come out, I wish you all the best of luck. For those previously selected I congratulate you and look forward to 'picking your brain' on NSI/NROTC matters should I get selected.

Let's hope thse results come out before the weekend....

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I agree with you. I am also in a holding pattern right now waiting for these results as my PRD is in Dec and not getting selected would require a rushed PCS transfer from Virginia to Nevada. While that shouldn't be a huge deal it would be my first PCS transfer out of the area since I joined. As such its a little unnerving seeing as though I own a house in VB and would have to hurry and decide which route (renting vs. selling) would be best. All i can do is prepare for both and anxiously await the next NAVADMIN...

To all those waiting anxiously for these results to come out, I wish you all the best of luck. For those previously selected I congratulate you and look forward to 'picking your brain' on NSI/NROTC matters should I get selected.

Let's hope thse results come out before the weekend....

Good luck on selling your house! I listed my VB home in September 2008 and it took 7 months to sell. I settled a week before my PCS! I'd put it up for rent and sale at the same time and put the rent move in as your PCS date as a back up. You have to have a flexible agent or just throw it up on Craigs List secretly.

joshuaphill822

FY10 NFO selectee

Feel your pain on that one. If I don't get picked up I'm gone in a hurry. My pack out for PCS from Jacksonville to SD is Nov 4-6. Thats after having already postponed it twice. Throw in the final inspection (living on base) on Monday Nov 9, and that will leave me exactly 5 days to drive to SD before my report "no later than" date of Nov 14th. Add a pregnant wife and 18 month old...good times...I think my head is about to explode.:eek:

loweryab

Yea, what gives. What is message 315????

I'm baaacckkk... :)
I dug my truck out of the snow this morning to come to work. I couldn't think of going another day without checking M3. LOL

So 315/09 is another "Personal for" message to Commanders, CO, etc. It's on sexual assault and how the current trend in the Navy needs to turn around. So it's not ours, unfortunately.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
VERY True!!!!

Going from an actual "real" command to a training command is a huge culture shock. NSI is all the fun and games of bootcamp over again which isn't too bad. The hardest thing for me so far is getting use to life as an OC at my ROTC unit. You guys will see, the BS is FAR from over.

LOL I second his statement. However, in the long run all the games and BS will be worth it when you finish your degree.....How's Kansas treating you?

zeroentropy

I dug my truck out of the snow this morning to come to work. I couldn't think of going another day without checking M3. LOL

So 315/09 is another "Personal for" message to Commanders, CO, etc. It's on sexual assault and how the current trend in the Navy needs to turn around. So it's not ours, unfortunately.

Welcome back! I was reading about the weather there yesterday. Craziness!

AirmanV

STA-21 FY09 SELECTEE

I think we are all hoping you are going to be the man of the day... even in the snow!:D