• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
Arrrghh

I just spoke to my admissions adviser on the status of my application. I applied back in July and USF received all the required docs shortly thereafter. My adviser said that if they accept more than 12 credits from my SMART (I have 15-18), then I am not eligible to be a Freshman applicant... and that I would need 30 credits to be a Transfer student.

She is going to research this issue further to hopefully allow me to get accepted, but it doesn't seem like this should apply for someone in the Navy doing STA-21.

cbaker

I have a question I've been pondering for a while. Do you think your EAOS affects the decision of the STA-21 board in your application? For example, someone who just re-enlisted for 6 years versus someone else getting ready to leave the military, would they choose the person getting out so they can retain them as an officer? Would they just assume the person who re-enlisted is going to apply again the next year and not worry about choosing them?

That is a good question. I think it would depend on who was on the board. They may think the way you do, they may also look at it and say that the person who has six years left has made the comittment to the Navy and that is who they want.

I have 11 years in. Now the Navy is my career but I wonder if they look at my package and say he has passed the hump and the Navy already has him. Lets get someone who has less than 10 years in and quite possibly have him as an officer for 14+ years.

3rdtimer

How many did your college accept?

See that's the question. All these people posting they have a million credits will have way less that are actually accepted into a degree plan. UW Madison took 19 credits from the 90 on my smart ,the 65 I have on my Associates, and the 6 CLEPs I have.

OscarMyers

None
See that's the question. All these people posting they have a million credits will have way less that are actually accepted into a degree plan. UW Madison took 19 credits from the 90 on my smart ,the 65 I have on my Associates, and the 6 CLEPs I have.

Thats how i shopped for colleges, i would call them and see which college would take the most credits from my smart. Unless your a nuke, goodluck getting any engineering program to accept much. Im an AE and most engineering schools wouldnt take very many.

Cleonard19

Contributor
Thats how i shopped for colleges, i would call them and see which college would take the most credits from my smart. Unless your a nuke, goodluck getting any engineering program to accept much. Im an AE and most engineering schools wouldnt take very many.

We (Nuke students) have been told by pretty much every person who's offered a STA-21 brief in the past two years, not to expect much in the way of colleges accepting SMART credits. "The schools know about the nuke program, but they're (the 18 nuke option colleges) not going to give you much more than maybe your electives and some gen-eds. The "bigger" and more prominent the school, the less credits you can expect them to take." Has been by and large the response given at these command sponsored briefs both at power school and in prototype.

Instead, they recommend studying up on a CLEP test based on the stduy guides you can buy at book stores, and get credits that way. Because lets face it, multiple guess tests are a Nukes dream come true.

Cleonard19

Contributor
And the enlisted side of the house is Trig based, not Calculus based, which disqualifies a lot of the engineering SMART credits at real colleges anyways.

MR1(SW)-->ENS

FY-10 STA-21 Core Selectee
The two Amps in the Mach 500 Stereo runs the front and rear speakers. The whole package is removable from the tray they are mounted on. I believe, if memory serves me correctly, there is one for front speakers and one for the rear on that system. The Mach 1000 System has four amps, so look at which one you have. The easiest way to tell is look if you have a factory mounted sub. I will look at mine and give you some better info later tonight. I have a 02 GT I am putting a 5.4 4V DOHC engine bored 0.020" over, all forged internals, fully ported heads, custom ground cams, and a custom built intake/turbo set-up in this winter. I built it all in my garage in housing. I love the SN-95 and New Edge Mustangs.

its def. the 500 system with the two rear amps. i need to find out why its not puttin out sound im hopin to God its not a blown amp cause you have to use those specific amps for the mach system or change out the whole speaker/stereo system. im hoping its just some bad wiring i can fix in an evening. thanks for your help, sounds like you got a pretty nice ride, i just have the basic dual overhead cam cobra motor, no supercharger:( but ill check out that system tonight or sometime tomorrow

shoe83

You can pretty much ignore what is on your SMART transcript. For the most part they will only count for electives if anything.

OscarMyers

None
We (Nuke students) have been told by pretty much every person who's offered a STA-21 brief in the past two years, not to expect much in the way of colleges accepting SMART credits. "The schools know about the nuke program, but they're (the 18 nuke option colleges) not going to give you much more than maybe your electives and some gen-eds. The "bigger" and more prominent the school, the less credits you can expect them to take." Has been by and large the response given at these command sponsored briefs both at power school and in prototype.

bummer, i figured with all the schooling you go though would count for a little more. I think i got more credits for making rank then A school. lol

Cleonard19

Contributor
bummer, i figured with all the schooling you go though would count for a little more. I think i got more credits for making rank then A school. lol

Put yourself in the shoes of an admissions officer looking at a transcript of a student (NUKE) that they KNOW is capable of surviving a 22 credit hour semester (Many nukes pursuing engineering degrees at engineering schools do this on a regular basis), they see dollar signs, not transfer credits...

cbaker

Yeah, I am not sure how much Iowa State's Engineering School will accept. I am just trying to get my associates wrapped up right now.

PS, I am also an AE.