• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

OscarMyers

None
These following are the required course, each 3 credits.
NAVS 401-Ideally Fall Senior year
NAVS 402-Spring Senior year

You also have to enroll in the "lab" for naval science which is what is known as drill. The list of you designated lab is below. Each of the labs are 1 credit.

Sophomore Fall- Navs 211
Sophomore Spring-NAVS 212
Junior Fall- NAVS 311
Junior Spring- NAVS 312
Senior Fall- NAVS 411
Senior Spring- NAVS 412

do those only count as lower level electives or has anyone used them towards their major?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
do those only count as lower level electives or has anyone used them towards their major?

Those classes are just labs and don't really count for shit as far as your major goes. At ODU, the 401/402 plus the 101/201/202/301/302 you take at NSI count towards your minor in Military Leadership. It saves you from having to complete a seperate minor and saves you some time in order to complete your degree. You also have to take one more class (you choose from a list of acceptable ones) in order to complete your minor. The ODU course catalog has all of this info...

Purell6

anyone watching the navy notre dame game today?

I am and I am quite upset. I like Navy but Notre Dame is my team. They are just looking terrible. The kicker can't kick, the defense can't defend, and the coach can't coach. This is a hard game for me to watch.

On the other hand, Penn State is my second team and they aren't looking bad. Anyways, GO IRISH!

Cleonard19

Contributor
I am and I am quite upset. I like Navy but Notre Dame is my team. They are just looking terrible. The kicker can't kick, the defense can't defend, and the coach can't coach. This is a hard game for me to watch.

On the other hand, Penn State is my second team and they aren't looking bad. Anyways, GO IRISH!

Y'all got blown up the last five minutes of clock....

GO NAVY!

Purell6

Has any body heard of a non-selectee appealing to Ed or STA-21 enough that he/she was eventually selected?

That's a nice thought but I think their quotas and goals are based on money rather than choice. I'm not sure they would have the money to use at their disposal.

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Just FYI for those of you worrying about getting accepted to school... The Citadel has guaranteed acceptance for STA-21 acceptees, and the school offers a substantial tuition break to us active duty guys, meaning no out-of-pocket expenses for year-round tuition and books. You gotta wear a uniform to class, and we PT 3x a week, but its better than getting kicked back to the fleet for not getting a school, or going into the hole tryin to pay for college. End of recruiting pitch, and good luck to all applicants this year!

OC Finlay

leadblimp

Just FYI for those of you worrying about getting accepted to school... The Citadel has guaranteed acceptance for STA-21 acceptees, and the school offers a substantial tuition break to us active duty guys, meaning no out-of-pocket expenses for year-round tuition and books. You gotta wear a uniform to class, and we PT 3x a week, but its better than getting kicked back to the fleet for not getting a school, or going into the hole tryin to pay for college. End of recruiting pitch, and good luck to all applicants this year!

OC Finlay
I put the citadel down for that very reason. Plus its in a decent area of the country, where it is nicely warm, doesnt get too cold in the winter, plus the money break.

Cleonard19

Contributor
SUNY Maritime also offers guaranteed acceptance. Not sure on the tuition thing though.

EDIT: And when I went down to El Cid to secure a LOA to include in my package, I spoke with an admissions officer with my transcripts in hand, and she said that if I were to go EE, being an electrician in all, I could expect almost all of my non-major courses to be accepted off my SMART transcript and my almost all of my gen0eds from prior college. I don't know how much truth was in that, but I didn't see much of a reason for her to lie.