• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

SAYYRAH85

Ok so I am trying to understand this all, but I am not. If selected to the program, I know I have to turn in my acceptance to school, but what else? Someone please break it down Barney style, b/c my command has not helped me one bit I had to rely on my IA command and now I don't have them anymore. I am literally all alone on this.

gjhouston

Ok so I am trying to understand this all, but I am not. If selected to the program, I know I have to turn in my acceptance to school, but what else? Someone please break it down Barney style, b/c my command has not helped me one bit I had to rely on my IA command and now I don't have them anymore. I am literally all alone on this.

This is from the STA-21 website. You are not alone, you have all of us, awww. :)

Attachments

• STA21 info For Selectees and Alternates.doc
    109 KB · Views: 43

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

When the selection message comes out, it will have specific instructions for both you and your command, barney style, including deadlines. Your command is responsible for most of the work because they have to reenlist you, process you out, etc.

evacastillo

Harvard, Duke, Cornell

Hey, has anyone applied to Harvard, Duke, or Cornell?? I'm curious as to how much you will be coming out of pocket for these schools..

Navnuke

Has anyone looked into using the Yellow Ribbon Top-Up Program with the STA-21 Program? I know it works with the new GI Bill, and makes alot of colleges' tuition almost nothing.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Has anyone looked into using the Yellow Ribbon Top-Up Program with the STA-21 Program? I know it works with the new GI Bill, and makes alot of colleges' tuition almost nothing.

After reviewing the GI Bill website, I think you can only use the top up program in conjunction with the GI Bill, so unless you are able to use the GI Bill with STA-21, then I don't think you are going to be able to use it. But that is a question you should maybe ask Ed or Mike. It is new this year, so who knows.

Cleonard19

Contributor
^^^^

If it wasn't out Friday, do you really think VADM Ferguson came in on Saturday to sign it?

Ed says expect it Monday, so go enjoy the rest of your evening and expect it Monday, possibly Monday night in message traffic.

missygavin

Just FYI for those of you worrying about getting accepted to school... The Citadel has guaranteed acceptance for STA-21 acceptees, and the school offers a substantial tuition break to us active duty guys, meaning no out-of-pocket expenses for year-round tuition and books. You gotta wear a uniform to class, and we PT 3x a week, but its better than getting kicked back to the fleet for not getting a school, or going into the hole tryin to pay for college. End of recruiting pitch, and good luck to all applicants this year!

OC Finlay

Former Nuke, pilot-to-be Finlay??? This is Gavin, I'm applying Nurse this year...

mikltk

FY10 STA-21 Applicant
Thank goodness... I have been internetless for like a week now, and am glad to see I didn't miss the result posting. Sad that they have not come out mind you, but glad I didn't miss it!