• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Edub

Has anyone looked into using the Yellow Ribbon Top-Up Program with the STA-21 Program? I know it works with the new GI Bill, and makes alot of colleges' tuition almost nothing.

I spoke with someone at Fordham in NYC and they said that the yellow ribbon with them, couple with the 10g's they give you for the program, covers all the tuition. As far as like Harvard and other top end schools that cost a like million bucks a year.. I emailed them and asked them the same question with regards to how much comes out of pocket. The Boston area NROTC guy emailed me back and said that the new GI bill may make a difference, but as of last year, Boston schools in general are not very offering of money and financial aid is pretty slim for military people. So who knows

robertdm27

Question about the Physical: Have any of you guys that have already been picked up heard of anybody submitting a physical late? How strict are the STA-21 guys on that stuff anyway? Im getting eye surgery in December and wont be fully qualified for SNA till like February. just wanted to know if im screwed.

wizard

Question about the Physical: Have any of you guys that have already been picked up heard of anybody submitting a physical late? How strict are the STA-21 guys on that stuff anyway? Im getting eye surgery in December and wont be fully qualified for SNA till like February. just wanted to know if im screwed.

when you get your surgery, submit a waiver request to BUMED when you o for your SNA physical, it will most likely get approved since you techinically will not be flying within the first month. You should not have to submit a late physical because of it. You just can't go out of the area for 6 weeks post surgery because of the need for a follow up with the opthalmologist. I dont know how the STA-21 process works as far as when you detach following selection but as long as you dont detach before the 6 week mark, you should be ok.

wizard

I spoke with someone at Fordham in NYC and they said that the yellow ribbon with them, couple with the 10g's they give you for the program, covers all the tuition. As far as like Harvard and other top end schools that cost a like million bucks a year.. I emailed them and asked them the same question with regards to how much comes out of pocket. The Boston area NROTC guy emailed me back and said that the new GI bill may make a difference, but as of last year, Boston schools in general are not very offering of money and financial aid is pretty slim for military people. So who knows

so we can use the yellow ribbon with STA-21?

EM3

FY10 Core Selectee
Hey, has anyone applied to Harvard, Duke, or Cornell?? I'm curious as to how much you will be coming out of pocket for these schools..

Are you applying for freshman? Harvard terminated its transfer program indefinitely. But it provides FULL financial aid for those who can't not afford the tuition. Duke does not take spring transfer, and I think Cornell's transfer application deadline was Nov 1st.

I thought about applying for fall 2010 semester, but then acceptance letter does not come out until May. If you can make all these work for you, I am sure those school will work out a generous financial aid package. Just get your fafsa and profile in on time, there are deadlines for that too.

SAYYRAH85

With that im going to go out on a limb and guess that you were born sometime in the year 1985. Unless im way off and your 85 years old?

Well Sonny, I am actually 85, but I look reaallly young for my age so I went and got a fake I.D. that said I was born in 85 so I could join the navy...

I know lame.

evacastillo

Are you applying for freshman? Harvard terminated its transfer program indefinitely. But it provides FULL financial aid for those who can't not afford the tuition. Duke does not take spring transfer, and I think Cornell's transfer application deadline was Nov 1st.

I thought about applying for fall 2010 semester, but then acceptance letter does not come out until May. If you can make all these work for you, I am sure those school will work out a generous financial aid package. Just get your fafsa and profile in on time, there are deadlines for that too.

Guess I will look into it, thanks for the valuable info because I didnt know Harvard terminated their transfer program.

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
This is from the STA-21 website. You are not alone, you have all of us, awww. :)

So for where that doc says:
e. Condition 5: Submit a signed page 13 for the specific target option (available on STA21 website if necessary).

Is that the same page 13 that we submitted with our initial package:
It's on the "Package Status" page as :
Page 13 Statement of Understanding - one for each option is required

OscarMyers

None
Not that it really matters but i stumbled on this twitter post from a cmdcm in jax, might explain the the admiral has been out of office.

Great day on the schedule today. CNP, VADM Ferguson, is touring Hgr 511 and our trainers. Then several local CMC's will have lunch with him.4:18 AM Nov 4th from web