• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Haha! All these messages on MCPON's facebook. Pretty much whats happening it we're boiling over the side of the pot and AW site can't hold us in anymore.

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Question about the Physical: Have any of you guys that have already been picked up heard of anybody submitting a physical late? How strict are the STA-21 guys on that stuff anyway? Im getting eye surgery in December and wont be fully qualified for SNA till like February. just wanted to know if im screwed.

Just my experience, and I don't mean to rain on your parade, but if you don't get a bona-fide SNA physical submitted by the deadline (or close to it) there is a very good chance you will lose your spot and it will go to an alternate. This happened to someone I know who was in a very similar situation. He was selected for Pilot, scheduled for PRK, but out of SNA standards before the surgery. His request for an extention until after his PRK was denied and he lost his spot because he was NPQ for SNA when the physical was due. He ended up being selected for NFO later on. If you won't be PQ until February, I would say it isn't looking good for your chances. The fact that you won't be flying for X amount of years has no bearing on any of it. You have to pass a SNA physical to be accepted into STA-21 as a 1390. If you get picked up for Core, you should be fine. At least that's what I've seen.

That said, you should still do everything in your power to get your waiver, extention, etc. The worst thing they can do is say no, but if you don't try then you already know the answer. Worst case scenario is that you have to re-apply next year. I do wish you the best of luck.

robertdm27

VAN,
thanks for the info though it's not what I want to hear. On a side note I'm getting the PRK either this month or early next but I don't know how long after I need to wait. The sergery will be done before I go to NSI though. Your thoughts....

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
You guys in this thread make me laugh with all your shenanigans. Just relax.. you WILL have plenty of time to get the hell out of dodge and get to Newport. Then guess what you'll be doing up there... WAITING for more crap.

***DISCLAIMER*** if you have specific issues, like eyes after PRK or schools dragging their heels with acceptance letter or degree plan, then YOU NEED TO FIND AN ALTERNATE SCHOOL OR BACKUP PLAN. If you fail to plan, then your planning to fail.

MR2(SW)

just talked to a lady at npc and she said that they have just recieved an email stating that the results won't be out until friday and then said that they sent another email shortly after that one saying not to tell us this info because they are not sure it will be done by friday. I am not sure how much more b.s. they can come up with.