• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

Tori

I was hopeful last year, so I will go with Oct 17th.
I also guess I am a lot lower than everyone else since I had 12.
Good luck everyone!

Tori

Do selectees usually find out the results by looking online or do their CO's get notified early to let them know? I'm a Spec War applicant, so I am not in the air community but I have gotten a lot a good information from this thread. Thanks to everyone that has contributed. I have no idea when the results will come out but obviously I hope sooner rather than later. I'll take October 17th. Hope I'm wrong and it comes out sooner. Good luck everyone!

I was an alternate last year, but I found out way before my command notified me. I was din Afghanistan at the time which didn't help, but you will find out on here usually the fastest. I was on here and NPC.

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR

AG_2_1800_hopeful

FY-12 Oceanography Selectee
so I just happened across this thred / forum group... HOLY MOLY!!! I myself submitted my package for the Oceano option... so I see there is some friendly competition. I thin it only fair to post my info as I have seen most of yours so... here goes...

AG1 / E-6 / EAWS / ESWS MTS
TIS: 11+yrs; TIR: 2+yrs
High School: not so good... but I've showed improvement
College: Miss State Univ Broadcast Meteorology w/3.57 GPA Honor Society of Sigma Alpha Lambda
PRT: waived, waived (pregnant), Good High (provided Good Mediums for PRT's before child)
Evals: E-5 MP, EP, EP (#1) E-6 P (new command), #2 MP
ACT: 24
Awards: 3 NAMS, 2 Good Conducts, SSOQ, JSOQ
LOR: VADM (C2F), RDML (CNMOC), 2 CAPT's (prior enlisted) and GS-13

I think I have a
I saw a question about # of supplimental documents... I have 29!!! I also seem to have more time in..

I heard that a lot of weight sits with the nomination reveiw board... any thoughts?

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Does anybody know if you can go to a school that wasn't one of the 3 schools you originally put on your application? I originally put three San Diego schools but I want to know if I could apply to UT where my wife went to school. Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
Does anybody know if you can go to a school that wasn't one of the 3 schools you originally put on your application? I originally put three San Diego schools but I want to know if I could apply to UT where my wife went to school. Any help on this is greatly appreciated!
I'm sure if you were to call Ed Straten in Pensacola he could set that up for you once results come out.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Question of the day...
If selected, upon graduation/commission, who would you want to be your first salute?

My Answer: Brother, Active Duty Navy.

On a side note, I hope everyone got a chance to see Navy put up a hell of a fight against the SC Gamecocks tonight. That was an awesome 4th down conversion to keep that drive alive. Next week they play Air Force at Navy-Memorial. First step to taking back that Commander in Chiefs trophy!

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
Question of the day...
If selected, upon graduation/commission, who would you want to be your first salute?

On a side note, I hope everyone got a chance to see Navy put up a hell of a fight against the SC Gamecocks tonight. That was an awesome 4th down conversion to keep that drive alive. Next week they play Air Force at Navy-Memorial. First step to taking back that Commander in Chiefs trophy!
My father. He was an FC1 back in the day and was a big proponent for my starting/continuing this journey toward earning a commission.

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
Question of the day...

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean who would you want to salute or who would you want to salute you?

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean who would you want to salute or who would you want to salute you?

the question is, who would you want to be the first person to salute you.

as a nrotc guy, you are in a position to make it a very personal ceremony. who would you want to give you your first salute?

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Is anybody monitoring this thread in the NROTC unit at UT Austin, or know anybody in that program? Any SEALs in the unit?

mboardmanusn

so I just happened across this thred / forum group... HOLY MOLY!!! I myself submitted my package for the Oceano option... so I see there is some friendly competition. I thin it only fair to post my info as I have seen most of yours so... here goes...

AG1 / E-6 / EAWS / ESWS MTS
TIS: 11+yrs; TIR: 2+yrs
High School: not so good... but I've showed improvement
College: Miss State Univ Broadcast Meteorology w/3.57 GPA Honor Society of Sigma Alpha Lambda
PRT: waived, waived (pregnant), Good High (provided Good Mediums for PRT's before child)
Evals: E-5 MP, EP, EP (#1) E-6 P (new command), #2 MP
ACT: 24
Awards: 3 NAMS, 2 Good Conducts, SSOQ, JSOQ
LOR: VADM (C2F), RDML (CNMOC), 2 CAPT's (prior enlisted) and GS-13

I think I have a
I saw a question about # of supplimental documents... I have 29!!! I also seem to have more time in..

I heard that a lot of weight sits with the nomination reveiw board... any thoughts?
Looks like you have some good stats! How many credits do you have? Do you have an Associates? I know the website says the personal statement and the CO recommendation are huge. Who sat your board? Do you think your TIS is an advantage or disadvantage?