• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters
If selected, how soon is the first physical fitness test and weigh in? Does that happen at the recruiters? The first drill weekend? At DCOIC course in Newport?
I think, first, we receive the good news:) , then OR sends all the commissioning docs within a month( April/May 16) once signed and returned, OR arranges the commissioning date/oath based on our availability/within a month( June 16;)) Now we are officers. Usually, the first drill is after two months of commissioning( Aug 16). I think, on the first/second drill, the issue of fitness test comes. DCOIC can take upto 8-12 months, depending on availability. That's what I heard .

widi

The Navy and Coast Guard are the only two branches that offer DCO for Intel, I believe. The Navy is the only branch with a DCO source for cyber/IW officers.

The Army and Air Force offer DCO only for medical, JAG, and chaplains.
The Marines do not offer DCO.
The USPHS and NOAA have DCO but aren't part of the armed forces.

You can apply for commission as a reserve officer with the Army, Marines, or Air Force and go through OCS/OCC/OTS, but you might need an age waiver.

At least a few years ago the Army Reserves offered Direct Commission opportunities to all branches. The key was you had to find an opening at a reserve unit for the job you wanted to fill (intel/engineering/etc.). I applied as a back-up in the event my Navy application didn't pan out and was accepted, but the only opening anywhere near me was with an engineering unit. The application process was far simpler than the Navy's: less paperwork and just one 30minute panel interview with canned questions. The catch is once selected you have to go to Benning for an expedited OCS (6 or 8 weeks), and then on to your branch school, which can be months long. Bit more of a challenge to balance work/life/reserve commitments for folks than 2 weeks at Newport and then NIOBC Phase I over DWEs.

bryanteagle6

Good luck crew. ..I've been quiet because I missed this board. I am doing a new package next time. My recruiter thinks there will be another one this year. I hope it isn't just wishful thinking!

rjsj38

Question:

In terms of NIOBC Integrated Learning Environment (ILE) Phase 1 that is made up of various modules done over something like 1.5 years of drill weekends, are these mostly NKO web based type training modules? I may be traveling overseas for work for 4-6 months next year at which point it will be impossible for me to drill, but if they are web based NKO type classes it'll be no issue and I can easily work ahead or catch up. Am I able to "make up" these drills and the various things needed to be done for NIOBC phase 1? Is NIOBC phase 1 a structured consecutive program over 18 drill weekends, or is it primarily self-paced "web based training" type of classes that you are able to easily make up and be at a different pace/rate as your peers so long as you finish in the end. Thanks.

Saigonista

Not that it's guaranteed to be the same this year, but last time I applied (Sept 2014) it took nine days for the results to be released.

Question:

In terms of NIOBC Integrated Learning Environment (ILE) Phase 1 that is made up of various modules done over something like 1.5 years of drill weekends, are these mostly NKO web based type training modules? I may be traveling overseas for work for 4-6 months next year at which point it will be impossible for me to drill, but if they are web based NKO type classes it'll be no issue and I can easily work ahead or catch up. Am I able to "make up" these drills and the various things needed to be done for NIOBC phase 1? Is NIOBC phase 1 a structured consecutive program over 18 drill weekends, or is it primarily self-paced "web based training" type of classes that you are able to easily make up and be at a different pace/rate as your peers so long as you finish in the end. Thanks.
I don't know the whole process, however, it seems very accommodating according to an IW Ensign I know. I just want to be selected and part of this elite community. For that If I have to leave my current job and start a new job, I will definitely do it. Thats my feeling at present.