• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
If everything goes smoothly and everyone here gets into the same OCS class, we definitely wouldn't fail as a team.

You bet Wdang. Definitely makes me excited for OCS with you fine folks

So...definitively... what happens if you get ProRec-Y'd for SNA, go through OCS, get to Pensacola, and then get DQ'd from the flight physical? Re-designate to something else or kicked out of the Navy?

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
So...definitively... what happens if you get ProRec-Y'd for SNA, go through OCS, get to Pensacola, and then get DQ'd from the flight physical? Re-designate to something else or kicked out of the Navy?

I read somewhere that we don't have to go through the flight physical at flight school, because they'll use our physicals from OCS. Unless I am completely wrong, can someone confirm?

As far as your actual question, I'm sure we can, but our options depends on the needs of the Navy.

Surf

pilot
I'm pretty sure we still have to do the NAMI whammy
Oh yeah, the NAMI Whammy is still alive and well. I was told by my recruiter "...Take your vitamins and stay away from Call of Duty" verbatim. Bottom line: Take care of your eyes.

David0619

I read somewhere that we don't have to go through the flight physical at flight school, because they'll use our physicals from OCS. Unless I am completely wrong, can someone confirm?

As far as your actual question, I'm sure we can, but our options depends on the needs of the Navy.
I was told my my OR that you have an abbreviated flight physical at OCS, then the full when you check in to NASP (NAMI).

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I was told my my OR that you have an abbreviated flight physical at OCS, then the full when you check in to NASP (NAMI).
I feel like the kicker is and always will be depth perception because of the "flawed tests" which is the only thing I have been pondering

David0619

I feel like the kicker is and always will be depth perception because of the "flawed tests" which is the only thing I have been pondering
For the dp test you have to pass one of either three or four. I think one is as good as another as far as I have read.

Surf

pilot
For the dp test you have to pass one of either three or four. I think one is as good as another as far as I have read.
Is that similar to the test they have you do at MEPS for dp? I think it was the row of green circles, you had to determine which was 3D.

David0619

Is that similar to the test they have you do at MEPS for dp? I think it was the row of green circles, you had to determine which was 3D.
At my MEPS in Denver we had 4 sticks and had to determine which was sticking out more/different. Tests the same thing of course. But yeah that is what I have read. The flight physical requirements are all online if you google naval flight physical req. It breaks it up into aviator classes. Class 1 is most restrictive.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
At my MEPS in Denver we had 4 sticks and had to determine which was sticking out more/different. Tests the same thing of course
I had the set of 9, 4 dot groupings with the random dot sticking out. Harder than any calculus I've ever taken. Once you get past the 5th or 6th it's a borderline guess. Again I think it comes down to not rushing and knowing what the hell you are trying to accomplish. She started me off by saying which ones are different and no pre-cursing instructions, with me not knowing it was a 3 dementional image. Either way made it to 30 sec of arc and now having us having an idea of what is going on should make it more approachable.

David0619

I had the set of 9, 4 dot groupings with the random dot sticking out. Harder than any calculus I've ever taken. Once you get past the 5th or 6th it's a borderline guess. Again I think it comes down to not rushing and knowing what the hell you are trying to accomplish. She started me off by saying which ones are different and no pre-cursing instructions, with me not knowing it was a 3 dementional image. Either way made it to 30 sec of arch and now having us having an idea of what is going on should make it more approachable.
Yeah! mine was very tough as well, I passed but really had to concentrate. I think I actually had that same one.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Yeah! mine was very tough as well, I passed but really had to concentrate. I think I actually had that same one.
Trouble is everyone instinctively wants to look at the image as opposed to through it which is the only way your eyes determine the offset object.