• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Kees

SNA Select
What exactly are your scores? Nothing in your Profile Info, or the signature section beneath your posts, like your fellow applicants?:confused:
BzB

45/5/6/6

With a degree in Aeronautics, my scores should be much higher. Unfortunately, I failed to study like I should have and I paid for it.

exNavyOffRec

45/5/6/6

With a degree in Aeronautics, my scores should be much higher. Unfortunately, I failed to study like I should have and I paid for it.

Don't feel too bad, I had a guy who was a CFI, and was flying every day as a flight instructor, he rec'd straight 6's

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Some of the questions were pretty tough, but if you manage your test taking time right, you will definitely pull up your scores. Not sure how the new ASTB is, but highlight and skip questions if you can't figure it out in 10 seconds, then going back until you run through them all and answering what you can. Then jump around those that were the least hard until complete. Might sound like a big unorganized fail, but it'll definitely save you time for the harder questions.

I studied for a week for the AFOQT and another week for the ASTB with Prosprof flashcards.
http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/search.php?search=astb

Also, tomorrow we find out if our rumors is true about a board. If not, well look forward to the new Walking Dead episode.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recommend retake after 90 days.:)
Wasn't trying to embarrass you, but it's impossible to offer meaningful help not knowing anything about your package (at a minimum GPAs/ASTB-OAR, LORs, degree major, etc.). Don't go it alone, there is plenty of experience available here to give educated advice, and attempt to answer most questions.:)
BzB

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
The guy I was talking about rec'd 7's on his second attempt, went to OCS, but failed out of flight school and was sent home.
If you finish ocs is there a chance for lateral movement within the navy or do you have to reapply/resubmit a package? Still unclear on how that works...

exNavyOffRec

If you finish ocs is there a chance for lateral movement within the navy or do you have to reapply/resubmit a package? Still unclear on how that works...

If you finish OCS and are dropped in flight school then odds are you are going home, some will be accepted into other communities but the ones that were kept when I had guys sent home had tech degrees

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
If you finish OCS and are dropped in flight school then odds are you are going home, some will be accepted into other communities but the ones that were kept when I had guys sent home had tech degrees
Much appreciated. If for whatever reason that's me I'm looking supply. Accounting and info systems degree with an mba hopefully be suitable in place of a tech degree.

theghettodefendant

None
The guy I was talking about rec'd 7's on his second attempt, went to OCS, but failed out of flight school and was sent home.

That's crazy, I thought the people who had prior flight experience would have an edge, but I guess they don't. Do they just learn bad habits when they get their PPLs or what?

brogdawg32

If I'm going to MEPS on Wednesday, will the PQ letter really take 1.5-2 weeks? I'm getting nervous about missing the board...some people on here said 1-3 days but he's standing by 1-2 weeks.

Edit: if the boards convening this week that would be awful for me

Last edited:

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
My recruiter told me the word on the street is that a board is convening this week!
thats what a few others heard last weekish...they meet on mondays so today would be the day if they're meeting, not sure if anyone's OR is able to check/confirm

Surf

pilot
My OR heard the same thing; board reviewing kits this week. Results hopefully next week.