• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Aris

NavyGuy05
I just need to get my damn 368 signed by my commander and I'm good to GO for whenever this next board convenes!!!
By the way, for those that are reservists, your 368 needs to be signed by PERS. My commander's signature was rejected and you have to go through your NOSC personnel and have them send it up the chain. Usually takes a week

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
On the UP side of a frustratex like this... is that you have shown one and all, that you REALLY want this program, and you will go to great lengths to achieve your goals.;) That means much more than most applicants realize. Whining & claiming entitlement during the application process, can be very hazardous to one's military future!:eek:
BzB
It won't serve anyone well even if selected...esp in the aviation community, they remember everything.

akjim101

Does that mean anything for us or just that your packet is in?

Overall it means nothing for the rest of us other than to help meeting the number of packets required for them to hold a board. Just thought I'd share after the adventure I've been through trying to make it back to board after my previous PRO Y.

exNavyOffRec

Ok everyone I have some info to share with you all, information I got straight from the "horses mouth" so to speak. First off the rolling boards aren't based on a time frame, they are based on the number of applications that Millington sets. It could be every 30 days if they were getting a lot of applications. They just cant hold SNA packages longer than 120 days without boarding. They are close to reaching the goal of applicants they set for the next board. I might not make this one, but as long as I can be a Commissioned Officer it doesn't matter when I get selected. Since this site isn't officially sponsored by the Navy we have to take all the information we find here with a grain of salt. Good luck to everyone out there looking to join the worlds finest Navy and I'm looking forward to serving with you in the fleet.

*There isn't a such thing as SNFO. You will be considered a SNA whether you are applying Pilot or NFO :)

This is pretty much verbatim as to what RUFi0181 said quite a while ago, of course there also has to have a senior member available, and several times they have had to postpone a board because no one that was a senior member was available.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Overall it means nothing for the rest of us other than to help meeting the number of packets required for them to hold a board. Just thought I'd share after the adventure I've been through trying to make it back to board after my previous PRO Y.
Wait...what? You turn it down the first go around?

exNavyOffRec

By the way, for those that are reservists, your 368 needs to be signed by PERS. My commander's signature was rejected and you have to go through your NOSC personnel and have them send it up the chain. Usually takes a week

Your OR or at least the processor should have caught this, it has been this way for quite a while.

JFShampy

pilot
That's my question as well

I felt bad turning down NFO/SWO.

Couldn't take no for an answer once I learned he reason I was not selected was false. (Poor depth perception). I mean I could for other reasons but it didn't sit right.

If he turned down SNA, I'm sure he had his reasons. That's a huge opportunity that we all probably would kill for. Lol.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I felt bad turning down NFO/SWO.

Couldn't take no for an answer once I learned he reason I was not selected was false. (Poor depth perception). I mean I could for other reasons but it didn't sit right.

If he turned down SNA, I'm sure he had his reasons. That's a huge opportunity that we all probably would kill for. Lol.
Did N3M DQ you? I don't think the selection boards look at medical.

cb812

SNA
Question guys- My OR is stating that the next board is in April, which was the original planned board date. If a rolling board is indeed held in the next week or two, would the April board be pushed? It doesn't make much sense to me for the Navy to hold two boards within a month of each other....?..?..?

akjim101

Wait...what? You turn it down the first go around?
Not at all. I didn't have my PQ letter the first time around and I had some medical issues come up (ended up with a false diagnosis of ADHD) which got me physically disqualified and my PRO Y was changed to a PRO N

JFShampy

pilot
Did N3M DQ you? I don't think the selection boards look at medical.
Maybe... I just assumed that it was the board because I got the word the same day I was pro rec'd NFO/SWO.

That's interesting though, could mean my package never saw a SNA board.